Gave In.. N249 Bypass Done...My View

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I've properly done this bypass now, all tidied up with resistors, makes the engine look even more tidy along with my secondary air system and evap system removal.

ian_cupra

Mines not clean at all, but hey. Got rid of all c**p on rocker cover now! What ya think??

DSC00581.jpg

DSC00582.jpg

ian_cupra

there mounted just under charge pipe, near where the bracket holds it to the block for now, i'm going to lengthen the wires and hide them under scuttle panel. but i've bypassed the n112 as well, as the fell onto manifold and melted, so i've just bypassed it.

i've not put resistors in any of them yet, not fully sure if i'm going to at all. where did you get resistors from?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
One for each of the valves that most people fix to the rear of the rocker cover and fall off, like whats happened to you and me.

The same resistors can be used for the SAI as well.

ian_cupra

cool cheers mate, ordered 2 now, prob should have ordered another! *** wanna get SAI sorted too. trying to find where can get the blocker piece, found one place but not got any in stock. where you get yours?

May 2, 2006
forgive me for the 'im a plank" post
i want to do this proper and put the correct resistors their before they fall off the block, but im far from a spark, is it just a case of unplugging the electrical connector (2wires) from the solonoid and connecting the wires to the resistor (1at each end) ??

again, sorry for the stupid post

May 2, 2006
Dave, as i'm guessin you dont have any vac hoses plugged into the solenoids do you?

I personally cut off the connectors and soldered on the resistor in its place, but yeah david, you got it right.

I got mine from Jonzy who got his from Integrated Engineering iirc..

But 20squared fo them...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3188271&postid=37860406

Cool [B)]

no vac hoses in N249, but N112 is still plummed in

Cheers for the info :cheers:

ian_cupra

cheers for that link phil, ordered blanking plate now, so can get rid of SAI :clap:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.