Gave In.. N249 Bypass Done...My View

Dec 31, 2005
London
Black and red looks sweet, was going to do mine with red hosing but once i bought a couple of secondhand blue bits i decided best to stick with that colour!

chris999

Their just the ones i used to do mine a while ago, (their off craig)

This way is leaving everything electronically connected (no soldering) but mechanically unplugged (you need a Y piece)

n249_7.jpg

n249_6.jpg

(not my engine)

in the first picture where the top blue hosing comes round the little metal box thing then stops at that cylinder shaped black thing then another bit of blue hosing starts... when i am doing the bypass do i put that cylinder thing in between the two bits of hosing?? does that make sense?!!!:confused:

chris999

Their just the ones i used to do mine a while ago, (their off craig)

This way is leaving everything electronically connected (no soldering) but mechanically unplugged (you need a Y piece)

n249_7.jpg

n249_6.jpg

(not my engine)

in the first picture where the top blue hosing comes round the little metal box thing then stops at that cylinder shaped white and black thing then another bit of blue hosing starts... when i am doing the bypass do i put that cylinder thing in between the two bits of blue hosing or get rid of that?? does that make sense?!!!:confused:

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
that white/bkac cylinder is a check valve and yes you do need it fella - make sure you put it the right as it only allows air to pass one way - the pictures are showing the old setup and where you would put the new hosing -

May 2, 2006
the pics are from one already bypassed, with the blue hoses running to the side of the fitted ones to make it more clear, just make it the same as these

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
Done mine now thanks to beaker, all works well and it might just be me but I'm sure my DV is ever so slightly louder, dont know how.
Didn't take Any pics but will do soon.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
yea done mine yesterday to, can feel a diffrence with it now and the dump valve is louder but is now making a chatter sound ever time i let off, any 1 know that can be.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
bought it brand new from awesome only like 5 months go to :(.
def not a vac hose change all of them to silicone and checked them all there okay.

May 2, 2006
bought it brand new from aswosome only like 5 months go to :(.
def not a vac hose change all of them to silicone and checked them all there okay.

its normally 1 or the other mate, double check you havnt piched your hoses somewhere like phil said, make sure the Y peice isnt leaking, do a leak test on your DV

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
my dv used to do it before to but not very often doing it all time now, ill double get them all later ill try that leak test think had a look at it once but confised me abit lol.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
just had a look on the forge section could it be i have teh wrong colour spring in my dump valave as i have revo boosts to about 21 psi? so could by why i am getting the chatter

May 2, 2006
just had a look on the forge section could it be i have teh wrong colour spring in my dump valave as i have revo boosts to about 21 psi? so could by why i am getting the chatter

do you get chatter only on full boost? or all the time regardless of where you are in boost .

after i got my new turbo i was getting slight chatter on full boost, but only over 20psi, if i changed gear under 20psi it was fine, i changed my spring and all is well

saying that, it shouldnt just appear after doing your N249, hence why my money is on a leak in your vac system that you have missed .....

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
well it used to do it before on full boost seems to do it now when ever. i will check that 1 but am sore theres nowt wrong with them, apart from the 1 going onto the dump valave maybe had abit of trouble getting that 1 on as the pipe woudlent go over so had to lit it so could get a bit on maybe that then.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
What colour spring you got? Green?

Glad peeps are doing this of this thread, like I said I wondered about it for ages but its well worth it...

T Pieces are available from The Motorists Centre, probably Halfords etc too..

Mike

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
not sure when i take it off to do a leak test will have a look.

yea its good mike gald you brought it up been think about doin it for abit :).

i used use teh t pieces off the old pipe work

gazjones

this sounds interesting im changing all my vac hoses tomorrow for red ones and with my engine bay being slightly different im not completely sure what to do will have to read up more on it! can you leave the black box in place and still do this?

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
You can leave it on there but some people chose to take it off to make it look neater - but when removing this, you cant put the engine cover back on

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.