Gave In.. N249 Bypass Done...My View

ganda_cupra

VW Commercial Technician
Sep 4, 2006
Near Sheffield
This is how I tidied mine up with 3m of vac hose from Forge.
I put my 1 way valve out of sight next to rocker cover between front and back of it, it now sits under the charge pipe and N75 piping. The vac hosing from it to front Y connection runs under the breather pipe coming from front side of rocker cover.
Hope it helps.

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
also how do i remove the stupid little clamps in this pic, any easy way??

DSC00020.JPG

ganda_cupra

VW Commercial Technician
Sep 4, 2006
Near Sheffield
Use a small tipped screwdriver, push into bit that is raised (in pics looks like bit I mean has green paint blob on it) and prise open to release tension, then flick it off the peg it hooks on, if you get me.

Just be careful where it clamps onto the valves etc as not to break them.

Also when the clips are off the piping may still be tight, just use above mentioned screwdriver to break seal round end of pipe and then twist and pull pipe.

Last edited:

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
awesome cheers mate, all done, test driven, been to halfords, washed the car and ate lunch lol :D

doesnt seem to of made that much of a difference but the turbo spooling sounds a bit louder...we'll see when i go for a normal drive :) thanks :D

weemzer

upside down not good!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
I've just popped out and done mine, nice easy job (for a change)!! Def makes everythin look a lot tidier under the bonnet!!! :D The dump is def a lot crisper anyway.:cartman:

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
id been lazy too.. Did mine today though.. only took about 15 minutes but i did manage to cut my finger open :shrug:

Pic from before :

n249before-vi.jpg

and then after :

n249after-vi.jpg

oh and ignore the state of my engine :whistle:

Am pretty impressed to be honest... Am no longer getting silly surges in boost and all feels a lot smoother..

Now i only need to get my vibrating exhaust sorted and i might actually have a fully working car!!

;)

weemzer

upside down not good!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
yeah, get it off. the only thing is the 2 bolts that hold on the nast lump of plastic are also holding in your coilpacks and are a bit long after removing it.

i dealt with this via a hacksaw and a thread file, but you could just get two shorter bolts.
:)

flooky

i done the bypass today, car has been a bit dodgy when on boost in the last 3 days amd by removing the valve it's sorted the problem! the dump valve sounds bits more whooshy now aswell. well worth thinking about :>

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
I also did this on Sels (newly bought) std MK3 Cupra, with a Baileys DV and an open cone she gets a dump, the power also feels very smooth!

This is well worth doing once you have replaced that plastic recirc valve! lol

Mike

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.