Gear linkage end

Ianmc

Hi, been using this excellent forum for help on my leon in the past but now need a top tip for my Alhambra. Hope someone can help.
One of the gear linkage ends on the gearbox keeps poping off the pin on the gearbox actuator arm, I can push it on and off easily so I think it is just worn. The result is no 1st and 2nd gear! Does anyone know if there is there a way to fix/replace this plastic end without having to replace the whole gear linkage?
Many thanks
Ianmc
:confused:

there are a couple of things you could try! ptfe tape on the selector rod ball, increase its size slightly and make it a tighter fit, cable tie the cable end to the ball or I have heard of someone using super glue! squirt it into the cup on the cable end and coat the inside of the cup with a few layers of the glue! but dont stick yourself to the cable or car! :headhurt:

Ianmc

Thanks fredt for the suggestions. I have now had the whole linkages replaced, which was by the garages words 'a bugger of a job'. Centre console, carpet, battery, battery box etc etc. At least now its a proper job and should last me for the life of the car or atleast as long as I own it!!

Cheers
Ianmc

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.