Gear selector issues help please

Brendon

Jul 17, 2017
Pulled away from junction in 1st went for 2nd and the gearknob sprung back into the neutral position. Then it would not select any gear everything felt sloppy and springy and I found a gear in the 4th position but it was 2nd gear. Got it Home and have replaced the parts suggested by my local Seat parts which mean I can now cycle through all gears except 6th which still springs back out. Whilst the car is off it is fine, as soon as the car is back on it can’t select any gears again.

Question- big gearbox problems or have I done something wrong?:confused:

Andy Sinnitt

Sep 26, 2015
Pulled away from junction in 1st went for 2nd and the gearknob sprung back into the neutral position. Then it would not select any gear everything felt sloppy and springy and I found a gear in the 4th position but it was 2nd gear. Got it Home and have replaced the parts suggested by my local Seat parts which mean I can now cycle through all gears except 6th which still springs back out. Whilst the car is off it is fine, as soon as the car is back on it can’t select any gears again.

Question- big gearbox problems or have I done something wrong?:confused:
There's a video on YouTube that shows how to reset your gearbox look for VW 6 speed box reset hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.