"Gearbox in Emergency mode. You can drive on."

Jan 13, 2020
Lebanon
Hello,

I have an Ibiza 5D Style 2017. The car has been free of accidents since I bought it. However, the error attached has been following me since a year and a half ago. First of all the local Seat Workshop didn't know the reason. Went there again, turns out that the handle is the problem. Couple of months later, same error. Turns out that it's a software error. Fast forward to past October, the error showed for the third time. Turns out a link inside the gearbox box is off. We all thought it's fixed until two weeks after. The car has been in the workshop since 25/11. Seat Spain still don't know the reason as well as the local workshop.
If anyone has experienced this error or know this error and could provide some help, it's most appreciated.

Regards,

Attachments

• IMG_20180519_195946.jpg
    IMG_20180519_195946.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 341

SEAT Rule

Nov 19, 2019
Hello there,

sorry to hear you're having problems with your Ibiza, if yours is a 2017 model it should still be under it's original manufacturers warranty.

I presume you have an auto gearbox possibly similar to what's fitted in the VW Polo & Golf,
if so they are known to play up sometimes.

New software update for gearbox ECU can sometimes fix this.
It's possible the mechatronic control unit is faulty basically gearbox ECU.
Could be a fault with the Duel clutch system if it's a DSG gearbox or similar set up.

If it is any of the above it should be replaced/repaired under warranty as it's still valid, i.e original manufacturer warranty that is from 2017 when vehicle was first registered / purchased.

Hope this helps
Si

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.