Gearbox issues...replace or repair?

Dave 2018

Jul 19, 2018
Hi all

New to the forum but have been lurking for a while and also had some good recommendations from audi-sport.net

I have a seat Leon 2012 1.6tdi CAY engine but the gearbox is on its way out...whats the best solution to this? Get the box refurbed or source from a breakers? Also how do I find out my gearbox code?

I'm also looking to replace the clutch whilstI'm at it but just simply cannot figure what's best to do n where to source from.

Can anyone recommend a good clutch and flywheel package? The car doesn't have heavy use and certainly isn't thrashed.

Thanks for your time all

Dave

Dave 2018

Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the quick reply jimbob.

Car is completely standard so just looking for straight swap out. I talk to Mike mrj901 a lot for my s3 but the Leon is a bit unfamiliar to me and when I've been chasing gsf or ecp discount codes they've left me unsure as to exactly what the standard flywheel is...single or dual...ive phoned 4 branches and each gave me a different answer. Will call Mike tomorrow also.

Also would anyone have a guide to rebuilding a Gearbox? I can be a bit handy if following a guide lol.

Thanks

Dave

Dave 2018

Jul 19, 2018
Hi rusty thanks for the reply.

It's making noise, still engages gears fine but makes a scraping rattle noise which the garage have diagnosed as the box, potentially diff bearings. I've had quotes from £450 for a rebuild on the basis I deliver the box to them however depending on the internals it could rise. I've got a new clutch and dmf to put on at the same time.

Thanks

Dave

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members