Gearbox oil change

Deleted member 103408

Not my car but is your gearbox Manual or DSG, If DSG do you have the 7 speed one

Deleted member 103408

OK In that case i can help with any knowledge i have.

Firstly https://erwin.seat.com/erwin/showHome.do this is the official site for Seat Cars, you have to pay to use it but you can save docs.

Saw this vid for a 1.4 dont know if its the same setup as your

Hopefully somebody who knows the answer will be able to help.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd agree that Erwin will have everything that you would need to know as it is the official VW Group technical support documentation for workshops and anyone else that is not an official VW Group verified repair point.

I joined for SEAT stuff, then messed up and wasted my 60 minutes, so have not been back there, it will probably take a bit of getting used to and so after that initial training yourself period, be a valuable resource.

I have a feeling that the later gearbox family might not have a drain plug, just a fill/level plug, there are some on line VW Group parts listings catalogues that you could search for and examine for availability of parts like draining and filling plugs and that would give you FOC ability to check up on this.

Edit:- the later 5 and 6 speed boxes are from the same family.

I've never ever, in 40+ years of owning cars, changed the gearbox oil, and I've owned cars that were kept from new to 13years and 105K miles - just my take on things like that.

Deleted member 103408

VW Keeping the Dealers in work, although from a DSG perspective the Dealers dont know about them either.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.