General stuff.

Lal B3N

Aug 11, 2009
Cumbria
i was looking at getting mk1 and 2 carbon wings etc made but was going to cost a fortune to the point the cost would be more that some cars would. there was a guy on CL that was going to have a look at it but i left it at that mate

emz, replied ;)

Ahh shame about them going to cost so much :(

You got any mk2 carbon parts available then?

Lal B3N

Aug 11, 2009
Cumbria
Shame most people are all mouth and when they say they would be interested when it comes to actually putting money down 90% drop out.

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Morning fellow Arosa owners :D

I am full of the joys of Christmas at the moment; I've got exciting news, AND I just picked the Arosa up from having his Christmas pressie fitted - a shiny new Sachs clutch!

Can't quite believe the difference, it's so light I nearly put my foot through the floor a few times :happy: and the creaks from the pedal box have vanished (they checked it over while they were under there and said apart from a bit of wear it's fine).

Lal B3N

Aug 11, 2009
Cumbria
Morning fellow Arosa owners :D

I am full of the joys of Christmas at the moment; I've got exciting news, AND I just picked the Arosa up from having his Christmas pressie fitted - a shiny new Sachs clutch!

Can't quite believe the difference, it's so light I nearly put my foot through the floor a few times :happy: and the creaks from the pedal box have vanished (they checked it over while they were under there and said apart from a bit of wear it's fine).

Ah, just the sort of thing i was hoping to hear.

Ive had my pedal box done, now the pedal creaks a little. Reverse still crunches when the clutch has been used a bit so its time for a new clutch me thinks.

How much did yours set you back?

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Mine was £30 for the clutch (it was a few years ago - a friend worked at a parts shop and got it cheap for me), and the total lebour to fit it was £216. Included in that was fitting the clutch, along with replacing the clutch cable with a proper SEAT one with spring, and changing the gearbox oil.

The creak is all gone, the pedal is much better now, and I don't get the crunchy reverse much anymore (only once in a while - it wouldn't be an Arosa without the odd crunch :happy:)

allallyouyou

Arosa Sport
May 23, 2006
I remember when I had mine done and it sorted that strange creek you describing! If I remember so the pedal was rock solid prior to having the clutch replaced!

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
It's great, I'm really enjoying driving him again now :D

It had to be done, I'm just moving house and will be going from walking to work, to commuting 20 miles a day along a route with no direct public transport (it would be a walk, plus two buses to cover 10 miles!), so need him in tip-top condition!

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Good work with the clutch Nic :D My cambelt is due in a few months and the waterpump will need to be changed before MOT as the car always overheats a little during the emissions test. Hopefully now the exhaust is all sorted out the emissions shouldnt be a problem. Looking at getting coilovers, respray bumpers and get my wheels refurbed this year so lots to do :D Anyone else got any new years car projects on the go ?

Shellpaul

I have a 2001 model Arosa Sport 1.4 , it has 92,000 miles on the clock, recently the engine light comes on and then the epc light comes on or vice versa. if the car is just idling sometimes the revs will keep bouncing up and down, and once or twice the engine has stalled.

Now, this has happen a few times where I've been driving, when i press the gas pedal nothing happens, and the revs go down to 0/1 rpm, and my speed starts to drop. I've found that if I switch the engine off and leave it for 15mins and re start it, its all ok.

Does anyone know what this could be? My SEAT dealer has ripped me on over a good few thosand pounds. Can anyone help? :think:

Shell x
Email : [email protected]

cardaft

Apr 21, 2007
Im badly missing my old Arosa TDi, sold it almost a year ago and i wish i hadnt at the moment. Wouldnt mind another arosa for a while, dont care what engine, so long as its a nice MK2 in a good colour and good condition.

I keep looking, but ive got two cars at the moment, really need to get them shifted.

My mum has my previous 1.0S Arosa still, its still perfect and gets a lot of use from me at the moment. Such brilliant cars.

Chris.

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
There are very few Arosa's around now :( such a shame that seat don't manufacture a small compact hatchback as they are really missing out on a large market at the moment.

Not much going on with mine at the moment :( seems to have been on hold since the end of show season. I want to get my interior sorted out and am doing my brakes this weekend.

Lal B3N

Aug 11, 2009
Cumbria
I have about another 3-5k to spend on mine lol.

Off to buy a clutch and clutch cable for it tomorrow.

Then it will be bilstein 60/40 springs and dampers :D

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Im going to leather them and replace the handles with fluorescent pink ones. I have 2 new skulls called Ghengis and Adolf to go on the rear parcel shelf which are going to be bright pink with some moustaches.

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
All my skulls that I own have names :D

Meet Jesus - my car buddy !

Photo0854.jpg

TDi_B5

Feb 2, 2010
Southampton
Well I've owned my Arosa 3 weeks today, harrah! And the tinkering hasn't stopped. So here's what I've been upto.

- I've finally sourced a second hand parcel shelf as my was missing when I bought it.
- Did an oil + filter change last week.
- New front wipers - what a difference!
- New front mudflaps fitted, on the hunt for some rears
- Ordered a set of genuine VAG spark plugs tonight (less than a tenner!)
- Replaced the side repeaters with some lovely clear ones fitted to many modern VAG cars
- Removed the driver's door panel to investigate my stiff window winder....still stiff!?
- Ordered a new piece of trim for the driver's door pillar - attempted break-in me thinks
- Rear tyre replaced with a quality part worn for £15! Tis a Firestone too with plenty o' tred

As well as all this, I'll be booking her into a garage ASAP for a cambelt kit & waterpump replacement. I want to change the fuel filter too, but it looks like a bigger and potentially messier job than the Passat ever was. I just really want to get her running really sweet and keep it that way. Looking into cleaning the throttle body at the mo.

Oh, and I want to replace the rear wiper with the Passat Mk7 estate aero one, looks much better and I believe it works much better too. Think thats it for now. :clap:

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
The wee magic green beastie had her new waterpump and cambelt fitted today so she is now fine for at least another 40k :D Doorcards are all done and pictures can be found in my readers ride thread. I need to change the thermostat housing, do an oil change and need 2 new rear tyres - it never ends does it ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members