(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
574084A1-C68A-7844-C8907947141900AD.jpg

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Ahhh you bet - well the Arosa section is always very quiet ;)

I also fixed my rear brake light and rear washer today :D

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Crikey, where'd you dig this one up from Boo!!

And in complete contrast to my last post on here - I have failed to get the Arosa another 12 months on the road :( So I might have to come to edition on two wheels......or bring whatever banger I manage to round up to roll around in.

HalfOfZero

The Red Arouser
I need a few things done to my Arouser, dunno what to do first.. thoughts?
New door lock mechanism.
Gear linkage.
Play with air filter*
Raise suspension and fit ngew G60's.
Get a gearknob, as I still have just a stick....

*I have a pipercross filter, but didn't have any hose, so a friend just unscrewed the original pipe half way down, and spotted the filter in. But I noticed a small cable goes to the very start of the feed, at the wheel arch. Is this the maf sensor? Also, there's a small hose that runs off this to the manifold? Looks messy? What is it? I want to completely remove the cold air feed..

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Crikey, where'd you dig this one up from Boo!!

And in complete contrast to my last post on here - I have failed to get the Arosa another 12 months on the road :( So I might have to come to edition on two wheels......or bring whatever banger I manage to round up to roll around in.

What happened Nic :(

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
His emissions are just way too bad - think blue smoke on the fast idle test, plus his hydrocarbons and Lambda readings are too high. Other than that his only problem was low reading on his rear brakes!!

So he's a very good car, but his heart is broken :(

But that means new heart! So either going to work on the current one, or replace with a new one :)

shabba45

I'm looking to lower my Arosa, but don't want to spend a lot on it, which means coil overs are out of the question. Do they still look at good on lowering springs? if so which are the best ones to buy? and are they easy to fit?

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
My arosa is on shocks and springs. I have a Pi kit which, has lowered the front 46mm and the rear 40mm. The rear is always higher on shocks and springs which, is why so many people opt for adjustable coilovers. I would save and wait.

rrdoctor

What happened to the white Arosa then ? and honestly I didnt start the thread to be particularly nosey about this ? :rolleyes:

still alive :clap:as i now have ,just got to do a few jobs to get it moted,then i really dont know what i shall do with it,:confused:
if it fails its mot i think it is time to break it!:shrug:

shabba45

When i turn my headlights on, the lights around the heat controls don't come on. they have worked previously, will it be a loose wire? and if so how can i get into it to try and connect it.

shabba45

Nope, not managed to fix it, how do i take it off so i can get to the bulb/wire?

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Poor Arosa is going backwards at the moment - I purchased an enormous beast of a shed so at least I have 4 wheels again!

DSCF3909Small.jpg

But I spent today putting the Arosa into hibernation :( emptying things out, took his stereo out to go in the new car, and swapped the aero blades over (who'd have thought a Nissan Primera estate uses the same size blades as an Arosa!)

At least the new car is red! But it's alot bigger than I'm used to and I keep reversing into things because there's about 1m extra of car that I forget about, plus a tow hitch :redface:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.