generic or custom remap?

ruck658

Hi im thinking of remapping my mk4 ibiza fr tdi 130. Im not sure whether to go for the cheaper generic map or the custom one. Is there a lot of difference? Just i live close to jabbasport and they do a generic map a quite a bit cheaper than a custom one. I just have a standard car and not thinking of going any further engine wise other than a panel filter and a map. Is it worth having a custom one because of this.

Your opinions please

Thanks Tom (newbie)

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Id just go for the generic map mate, custom is for those who have added to the car like a full exhaust or fmic its so they can get the best out of the mods :)

Cassie07

Apr 5, 2010
Leeds
www.facebook.com
i had a custom map done at awesome gti on my audi a2 that i had b4 the cupra...took it from 75bhp to 100bhp. its worth thinkin about specially if u can watch em put in on the rollin road. i dont think either of them would be a mistake but if i get my cupra mapped il defo take it 4 a custom 1

Deleted member 13581

Standard map as said above.

Doesnt matter what you choose, you will love it. :D

Aimez

How can you have anything other than generic map on standard car? :blink:Companies offering a custom map at stage one ie no mods are ripping you off but tbh never heard of them offering this Revo CC etc also stage stage one is generic map.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Yeah, standard car Stage 1 maps are generic... maybe they rip the customer off by saying its a custom remap if they have "tweaked" the odd setting here and there (timing, boost etc.) over and above the normal settings they map it to. They could say they do this if they feel the engine is a "strong" one or could handle a little more?
It could also be a custom map if its been written for the car by an independent tuner and its the first time its been done.