Getting a new fr+ tdi 2012...

Mmikey

Feb 20, 2012
Hi i've been looking over this board for a while now and have just signed up after making my mind up about what car i'm going to buy (thanks to a few helpful posts on here :)).

I am just wondering what people's thoughts are on a couple of things:

First off, I'm stuck between the colours. I'm thinking Nevada White, (not sure what the difference is between this and the candy white in looks though tbh just choosing this as it's metallic) or dakota red plus I was thinking track grey or so I thought, is there much difference between track grey and furia grey? Or possibly black? :confused: What's everyone's opinions on these colours?

If I do go for white then i'd be tempted on getting the alloys sprayed black because I like the style of them and wouldn't mind paying just £200... Do you think that would look stupid? My friend had his focus st wheels sprayed and it looks good.

I'm ordering it in 2 weeks (ready for june) so not long to go.

Does anyone who has this car have any input on it as a whole? MPG and stuff? I heard that it doesn't give much push in the higher the gears?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Nevada White has a slight silvery tint to it compared to Candy white. Furia Grey is a slightly lighter shade of grey than Track Grey. Only seen one Leon in Dakota Red and it had the BTCC/Aero kit on it but with the standard 17 inch wheels (which are a bit naff). Wasn't keen on it personally. White with black wheels looks good but every other white car I see has black wheels on it. I'd try a different wheel colour.

The TDI 170 pulls really well as long as you don't try to rev the hell out of it. Mine goes very well indeed in 3rd and 4th. :)

I was averaging around 47mpg when using Total Excellium diesel but it's dropped a bit since switching to Shell V-Power. Engine seems to like it though.

Last edited:

Mmikey

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks mate. Would you say the Candy white is nicer/whiter then? And i'm sure that it'll be rapid compared to my 1.6 tdci fiesta :D

Is the Track grey nice on the Leon? In the booklet it doesn't say which grey it is but looks nice.

Last edited:

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Candy White is whiter but I personally prefer Nevada White after seeing them side by side. Track Grey looks superb but I am slightly biased towards it... :D

Mmikey

Feb 20, 2012
Candy White is whiter but I personally prefer Nevada White after seeing them side by side. Track Grey looks superb but I am slightly biased towards it... :D

I see :D. This is the hardest choice i've had to make for ages. If I go for Track Grey or Black then that means I don't need to get the wheels sprayed aswell... Hmm.

How's the sat nav? I have a tomtom and use it quite allot but not expecting much from the built in one tbh.

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
I see :D. This is the hardest choice i've had to make for ages. If I go for Track Grey or Black then that means I don't need to get the wheels sprayed aswell... Hmm.

How's the sat nav? I have a tomtom and use it quite allot but not expecting much from the built in one tbh.

No Sat Nav as standard on mine as it's a 2011 model.

See if you can find a dealer relatively close to you that has a Leon in the colours you like as that'll help you decide. Be a bit of a mare if you ordered one then didn't like the colour when it arrived.

Mmikey

Feb 20, 2012
Yeh I will phone around this week. Thanks for your input mate.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

D-Coll

I have a candy white 1.4tsi and love the colour, the only thing i would say about it is that its quite a common colour.

Mmikey

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks guys. I'll give they colours a look as soon as I can. On my phone at work just now :)

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
I have candy white looks ace when clean so in the UK for about 5 minutes :)

but it is easy to wash you soon see the bits you missed :)

Dale_tem

Feb 9, 2012
I'm picking up my speed blue fr+ trial 170 on March 1st and iirc there are only 3 fr+ with leather interiors left in the uk. One is metallic white and the other 2 are non metallic white.

If you are ordering for June it won't be an issue, but they have 0% APR on at the moment on Leon fr and fr+, but it runs out on March 31st

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mmikey

Feb 20, 2012
Track Grey in this thread:-

Furia Grey here:-

Dakota Red here:-

Candy White with silver then black wheels here:-

Nevada White FR+ here:-

Thanks for that again mate and it's actually helped allot. I'm down to either the white (unsure which one) and track grey. The lunar grey looks good but it's not in the brocure or on the website or that would have been included too :D

Mmikey

Feb 20, 2012
I have candy white looks ace when clean so in the UK for about 5 minutes :)

but it is easy to wash you soon see the bits you missed :)

After looking at pics I may agree that the candy white looks better than nevada. How can they justify charging more for the latter?

I'm picking up my speed blue fr+ trial 170 on March 1st and iirc there are only 3 fr+ with leather interiors left in the uk. One is metallic white and the other 2 are non metallic white.

If you are ordering for June it won't be an issue, but they have 0% APR on at the moment on Leon fr and fr+, but it runs out on March 31st

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I seen the speed blue the other day there and thought it was nice but not for me as my last 2 cars have been blue :D. Thanks for the info.

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Luna Grey was actually more silver than grey and has now been replaced by Ice Silver. Pretty sure it's still available as a colour choice.

Mmikey

Feb 20, 2012
Luna Grey was actually more silver than grey and has now been replaced by Ice Silver. Pretty sure it's still available as a colour choice.

Yeh I think ice silver is still available. I never knew that it had replaced luna grey though.... Damn it :D

Mmikey

Feb 20, 2012
Choosing a colour is always fun when you like several of them!

All the cool kids have Track Grey though... :D

The thing that's putting me off track grey is the furio... They are similar looking but why is the furio worth £500 more? I suppose the price doesn't mean it's better..... Right? :D

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Furia Grey is one of the colours on the custom palette selection. For some bizarre reason they charge a bit more for those than the other metallics. I guess it could make it a bit more exclusive though.

Check the price as it shouldn't be £500 more than other metallics. Think it was around £130 more when I ordered mine.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.