Getting a test drive in a TSFI soon

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
I had my car serviced the other day at W.Livingstones.(Great garage)

The dealer is expecting a TFSi in shortly and will give me a call to test drive it.

I had the New Leon 1.6 Reference as a courtesy car. It had sharper handling than my Mk1 LC !! Was VERY impressed. So can't wait for the performance versions.

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
Dealer called me the other day to say the TFSI is in but since it is being drivin by the sales director he is only sometimes in at the wkd. This is the only time i can get out to test drive.....ill arrange something

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
got a quick test drive of the tfsi while i was in looking at an altea for the wife the other day. Unfortunatly it was dark and i had my wife and dealer in the car so was slower than should be BUT i was quite impressed with the drive. It is certainly swift although tempered by the go lightlys! It has less turbo lag than my LC and more torque than mine on standard mode. I do feel a bit claustraphobic in the car though compared to the LC. THe outside is quite dull. Will def be waiting for the fr and cupra versions.

Went to the dealer today and test drove an altea 1.9tdi ref sprt. Very impressed and bought it for the wife at the revoloutions price of £11495. Bargain. It will chop to 150 bhp.if the wife will let me

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
arnt these revolutions prices manufacturer discounts ?

should of pushed for a dealer discount too

cmc

ohhhhh yes.
Sep 13, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
Polkr

I'm thinking of taking the plunge on the new leon. Do you (or anyone for that matter) know whether the dealers are willing to talk discounts yet or is it too early? Unfortunately the new leon isn't part of the revolutions deal but as a result I'm thinking of the new Altea just because the price reduction, but as leonlad says I would expect a dealer discount of some sort too.

cmc

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
i have no idea about discounts on the new leons but i see you have a cupra. i would wait for the FR or Cupra if i were you. You will regret going for a TFSI. I know I would.
Myself and my family have bought several cars from the dealer I do business with and i know the salesman well. He says that the dealers margins are cut on the revoloutions deals. I pushed him hard for discounts in all areas. P/X, finance,cost of altea and even fuel. He even said i could see the dealers invoice to Seat if I wanted to but thought that was a bit rude. I trust the guy and he knows that i will buy further cars so dont think he is ripping me. However he is a salesman at the end of the day. A nice one though

cmc

ohhhhh yes.
Sep 13, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
Polkr

I'm keeping my Cupra until the new one arrives. I'm thinking of getting a new Leon for the other half, a 1.6 stylance for her. W Livingstone isn't too far from me but I've used Arnold Clark to date. They seem cheap but servicing isn't great. I may pop up to Livingstone to have a look around.

cmc

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
DO NOT USE ARNOLD CLARK......Ask for David Brown at Livingstones...good guy...They are by far the best garage in Cenral Scotland.Service is second to none and very friendly and helpful. I recommend them to anyone who wants a SEAT. Tell David, Paul who has just bought an Altea recommended you.

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
CMC

David is the senior sales rep..The guy who has the office as you walk in....If you hadnt guessed I dont like AC. They suck. Would rather pay more money for a car at livingstones so i get no grief. Livingstones are a pleasure to deal with. Sandy at servicing is a good guy too. They know their stuff

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
what car have confirmed what my dealer said about the revoloution margins. The dealer has to make a significant contribution to the discount. What Car said the dealer should still be able to offer small discounts but since i got a reasonably low interest rate 4% I cant moan. The stealers do have to make something LOL

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.