getting EPC/engine light with error code: P0107

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
P0107 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Low Input

I've had this error before, around this time last year. if it is the thing im thinking about, my uncle cleaned the sensor with some carb cleaner and i never saw that error light again until a couple days ago. Im gonna see if i can get him to do it again, but is it worth buying a new sensor since its popped up again? or does anything know what it could be?

it causes my car to drive jerky and adds 500RPM to the idle. I am just clearing the code as often as it pops up atm, ive cleared it about 5 times in two days :)))

savvaras124

Seat ibiza 6L 1.4 bbz (1.8t soon)
Sep 28, 2017
Greece
P0107 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Low Input

I've had this error before, around this time last year. if it is the thing im thinking about, my uncle cleaned the sensor with some carb cleaner and i never saw that error light again until a couple days ago. Im gonna see if i can get him to do it again, but is it worth buying a new sensor since its popped up again? or does anything know what it could be?

it causes my car to drive jerky and adds 500RPM to the idle. I am just clearing the code as often as it pops up atm, ive cleared it about 5 times in two days :)))
If it didnt go away with carb cleaner you need a new sensor. Also dont oil your air filter or cone filter, if oil gets on the sensor it wont read air correct and pop these codes im talking from experience. Did my service and oiled my filter 2 days later fault code about system mixture correction limit reached, wich meant my ecu couldnt correct my mixture further. So that meant that either my o2 sensors where bad, had a Vacuum leak somewhere, had a exhaust leak somewhere, my map sensor was bad in my case full of oil and didnt read correct, or had peoblem with fuel (pump injectors, lines)

Sent from my RNE-L21 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kanyewest

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
If it didnt go away with carb cleaner you need a new sensor. Also dont oil your air filter or cone filter, if oil gets on the sensor it wont read air correct and pop these codes im talking from experience. Did my service and oiled my filter 2 days later fault code about system mixture correction limit reached, wich meant my ecu couldnt correct my mixture further. So that meant that either my o2 sensors where bad, had a Vacuum leak somewhere, had a exhaust leak somewhere, my map sensor was bad in my case full of oil and didnt read correct, or had peoblem with fuel (pump injectors, lines)

i thought it might be worth another clean since it was done a year ago. i'll look for another sensor though, dont mind changing it tbh.

hope you find out whats wrong with your car too, these guys are troopers though! when are you getting the 1.8T?

Reactions: savvaras124

savvaras124

Seat ibiza 6L 1.4 bbz (1.8t soon)
Sep 28, 2017
Greece
i thought it might be worth another clean since it was done a year ago. i'll look for another sensor though, dont mind changing it tbh.

hope you find out whats wrong with your car too, these guys are troopers though! when are you getting the 1.8T?
Fixed mine about 3 months ago never had any light since then now just need to fit my new radiator cause the one i have is leaking. Just need to finish som3 other priorities before tackling the 1.8 t conversion, but im seeing borh in marketplace and some other sites guys selling complete cupras and fr's for parts and asking 1500 to 2000€

Reactions: kanyewest
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.