Getting Giddy

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
This may seem like a dead pointless post, but with any luck by January I'll be driving in a nice shiney Ibiza mk4, and Im getting a bit giddy :funk:

I came to this site thinking I was gonna buy a Sport TDI, but decided that the increase in insurance was worth it to go with the FR 130.

I really want a black one, and Ive seen a cracker in the classifieds which ill soon be in contact about so hopefully I can finally move up from my lil corsa and have a lot more fun driving.

Ive got a couple of requests, pictures and comments really about the car, let me know if ive made a good choice or if not - suggest something else!

Sorry about the silly post, but I just wanna chatter about these cars, try n let out some excitement y'know :happy:

kiwi_cordy

Jul 26, 2005
ive rencently bought an fr tdi in black magic, i love it. i am already having to touch up the paintwork though with all the the chips.

Triple D

You've made the best choice in fuel and color mate. Ive not got many stone chips on if any so far and have done about 4.5k. Now all you need to do is think what mods your gonna do as once you do one you cant stop :whistle: . Have a look on my website and ive got a few pics on there but need to update it as i haven't put my FMIC, or suspension pics on yet but everything else is on there. It is http://www.photobucket.com/albums/c13/spaniels_fr_130/ If you have anymore questions, im sure that there are loads of people on here that will help.
Welcome by the way. :wave:

kiwi_cordy

Jul 26, 2005
you do a lot of motorway mileage though? thats when you get the chips, im on the motorway every day.

Triple D

kiwi_cordy said:
you do a lot of motorway mileage though? thats when you get the chips, im on the motorway every day.
surpose so, i rarely do motorways so i can see your point.

kiwi_cordy

Jul 26, 2005
yeah so watch out with black, its great but when it chips you notice it a lot. ive done 2k and already bought a touch up kit.

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
Aye ive heard about the chips. Luckily I only drive 8 miles commute everyday, and whatever social driving on top of that, so maybe a Diesel is overkill, but still - the performance : cost ratio seems to make it worth it!

Cheers for the comments!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members