getting mk 2 2007 cupra next couple of days

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
hi guys,have made the move to getting mk2 cupra as mine starting to get a little tired at 126.000 miles plus i,ve had car for 3 years now.so is there anything to watch for on the mk2 other than the recirculating valve.any suggestions by the way on aftermarket recirc valves,i know that they aren,t as easy to change as mk1 and i DON,T want to get a blowoff valve as i think recircs do a better job.......

Al

Aug 29, 2005
The recirc valve is not really an issue. If you do change, then get a revision D OEM valve with a spring rather than the original revision C OEM valve.

Check for the condition of the exhaust, wear on brakes, general body condition and anything else you would look for in any used car, especially documented service history for the purpose of the balance of warranty. It is also worth calling SEAT with the car reg no to see if it has had any past issues, and an HPI etc

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Uneven Tyre Wear indicating bad 4 Wheel/Camber (on rears) Alignment, better still haggle for it to be done complete with graphical before and after report.

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Don't buy one that has no factory bluetooth, do a search and find out why............

Factory bluetooth is a nice to have for sure, but a Parrot can be fitted for little outlay. Xenons are better and they were standard on 2007 Cupras ;)

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Thought i was the only one in halifax with an actual mk2 cupra:cry:bet mines quicker:p. i just fit a forge dv to mine but there isnt really any issues with the remotely located ones i dont think.

Last edited:

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
ey up robh ,don,t worry i won,t want to try to see if yours is faster,but might be good to get them together around town sometime and show up the wannabe,s.....and maybe give advice on worthwhile mods

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
had a good look round while at dealers b/tooth fitted and has bi-zenons,not sure about tyre pressure monitor though.have ordered dv upgrade from seat,£49 for "d" upgrade one.lovely yellow ,only thing i,m a bit miffed on is the fact you don,t get a spare wheel,the mk1 cupra came with a full size steel wheel.all you get is a pump and some chemical guffy stuff to seal leaks......anyone know where i can get a spare alloy,dealer said i,d need to buy 4 as not done single

Al

Aug 29, 2005
had a good look round while at dealers b/tooth fitted and has bi-zenons,not sure about tyre pressure monitor though.have ordered dv upgrade from seat,£49 for "d" upgrade one.lovely yellow ,only thing i,m a bit miffed on is the fact you don,t get a spare wheel,the mk1 cupra came with a full size steel wheel.all you get is a pump and some chemical guffy stuff to seal leaks......anyone know where i can get a spare alloy,dealer said i,d need to buy 4 as not done single

Alloy wont fit in the car with the standard carpet mate and SEAT wont provide you with a spare wheel contrary to information found on here.

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
Is the 'D' upgrade hard to fit djhorace? I'm thinking of attempting this myself. Is it £49 for the full uprated divertor valve or just a prt of it?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Is the 'D' upgrade hard to fit djhorace? I'm thinking of attempting this myself. Is it £49 for the full uprated divertor valve or just a prt of it?

Piece of cake bud. The unit comes in 1 piece for under £50.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.