Gezmeister's Seat Leon Cupra - Now gone :( replaced with a lexus :)

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Just checked those pics on a phone - the car looks very nice indeed.
Always been a fan of Lexus style lights and that exhaust looks pretty nice too.
The Is200 has always been good in my opinion - it's fairly old but looks newer than a lot of other stuff which is why I think it's soo good.

How much did you pick it up for?

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
I swapped it for my 2001 Seat Leon Cupra. Roughly worth the same in today's values. The exhaust gives off a lovely tone, very low grumble, isn't in your face at all :)

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Very nice Jim. Very comfortable but nowhere near as quick as the Leon. But I'm not too fussed :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Cheers for the comments guys. Mods will be kept fairly simple, wheels and strut braces will be the first choices, along with an uprated panel filter. And unless a TTE supercharger comes up cheap, the tuning will stop there

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Looks a great, well looked after example of the Lexus. Judging by the pictures, it's absolutely gleaming!

If i'm honest, it has got a lot of age realted marks on it, and the easiest way to get rid would be a complete respray. Havn't got the funds to do that, so i'm investing in a machine polisher to see what i can lose with that. Those pictures were after a quick wash in the dark too, since then i've added a coat of polish, cleaned the wheels with acid free cleaner, and used AS G101 on the engine bay and door shuts :)

Gonna give it a damn good hoovering in a little while too

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
I'd rather stick with the leon and buy a run around TDI personally but that's me,

nice looking car's them, never driven one, was close to buying an auto for the Mrs a few years back

how I go around the expensive running costs of a sports / turbo car is to always have a 2nd car, preferably call it the 'mrs' car

I run a mk2 Fiat Punto 1.9JTD (Turbo Deisiel), bought it for £800, 112K on the clock, runs sweet as a nut, cheap to insure, cheap to run, cheap to fix. 80bhp standard, remapped it MYSELF to 120bhp.

anyway shame you sold up / swapped mate, was a lovely looking pre-facelift.

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
I'd rather stick with the leon and buy a run around TDI personally but that's me,

nice looking car's them, never driven one, was close to buying an auto for the Mrs a few years back

how I go around the expensive running costs of a sports / turbo car is to always have a 2nd car, preferably call it the 'mrs' car

I run a mk2 Fiat Punto 1.9JTD (Turbo Deisiel), bought it for £800, 112K on the clock, runs sweet as a nut, cheap to insure, cheap to run, cheap to fix. 80bhp standard, remapped it MYSELF to 120bhp.

anyway shame you sold up / swapped mate, was a lovely looking pre-facelift.

Cheers Mo :)

I'd would have loved to keep the leon, but this swap was too good to turn down. I've got the Mrs' 1.2 punto to jog around in as well :D

My mate used to have an auto, drank petrol like anything, but the manual is far better.

I'm looking forward to learning what i can do with this car, limits etc as this is the first rwd car i've had. I'm after a rainy night so i can, ahem, 'practise' ;)