great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Hey all, been on here a few months, but not really had much chance to take photos etc. Took the cupra to a track day at bedford autodrome, utterly amazing fun. Even though it was wet, if anything it made it even more fun. Only real hairy moment was when a caterham did 720 degree spin out in front of me :lol: shat my pants. Car is totally stock (except front strut), but i was thrilled with the handling and performance, back end was totally planted, and judging when to get on the power was very easy.

My mate was there in his tuned 220bhp type r, lowered etc. He was quite alot faster on the straights, but in the bends and under braking the cupra was loads better. Really tempted to just get it remapped and clutched up asap now. There was a guy in his black cupra tdi there too, but like a dumbass i didnt ask if he was on here.

Here are some pics anyway, the other guy in the car was a tutor, so glad i went for the tuition, those guys really know there ****. In the 4 laps we did with him in, he really sorted me out.

Last edited:

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
Looks ace bet you loved every bit :) cant wait to doo my first track day just to get my brakes sorted before i even think of it tho :(

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Looks ace bet you loved every bit :) cant wait to doo my first track day just to get my brakes sorted before i even think of it tho :(

4 pot AP's were superb, did 7 laps in row with no real fade. Went to montster motorsport last week and had some dot 5.1 brake fluid, was a good decision :)

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
I reckon i might have this one.

Only washed it two weeks ago :( but thats what 1000 miles has done.

2 layers of Heritiage wax applied two weeks ago, made the cleaning easier. 2BM with sonus mitt, for the shampoo ive been using carlack 68 for the last couple of times, superb stuff, slick and suddy. And bargain money tbh, highly rated.

I also bought myself a new tyre brush, i did have an EZ detail mini, but it doesnt really work on the cupra alloys, the brake disc and caliper are always in the way on the fronts. But a good brush anyway. So tried this Vikan rim cleaner, soft bristles, and works excellently on fiddly alloys.

Also bought some Chemical guys trim gel, expensive, but like all expensive products you hardly have to use any on the applicator, i can see the bottle lasting years tbh, used on black bits and tyre sides walls.

Oh the shame!

Image0048.jpg

Image0049.jpg

Show us your dirty arses then.

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Next additions are Ferodo DS2500 pads, Hel braided lines, brembo grooved discs... all on order.

Doing Curborough sprint course at the end of the month and my mate has just had a spoon lsd fitted to his type r... and i really want to be faster still :lol:

Also wanting to do Mallory park before the end of the year.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
about time you updated this :p

looks seriously good, wish i could join you on the track days, im seriously considering the RARB as an xmas prezzie to me as i need my cambelt first, does it make that bigger difference??

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
about time you updated this :p

looks seriously good, wish i could join you on the track days, im seriously considering the RARB as an xmas prezzie to me as i need my cambelt first, does it make that bigger difference??

Rarb is a brilliant mod for the money. Pushing it into corners it makes a big difference to the way the car behaves, tight turn in, makes the back end part of the handling process rather than just dragging it round.

Bedford autodrome mate, get some tuition. :D

Carlos_11

hallo m8 carlooks gr8 u rely knw ur stuff , can i ask wer did u get ur braided hoses from? iv bin everywer even 2 AP lol thanks ;p

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Did you ever get those braided lines on mate? Ive still got mine sitting here but Scott-O said they needed modding to go on the rear dont fancy that.