Glad I discovered my new car!

Equinox

After looking round a few BMW 318i Tourings and Ford Focus Estates I started reading reviews about this slightly ignored brand with some seriously good credentials under the skin. So I test drove a 2016 Leon ST 1.4 EcoTSI 150 and fell in love.

Quite frankly I don't think I've ever come across a 1.4 engine that pulls like this one and then told me that I got over 53mpg on my journey back from Solihull to London after picking it up. Oh yes, and £30 a year in road tax.

Still busy reading through the manuals and looking forward to getting to know my new toy.

equinoxleon.jpg

Equinox

Welcome to SCN, is this your First SEAT then
Hi Seastormer! Indeed, this is my first Seat. I've spent most of my life either in or (mostly) under a number of old cars including:
Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign 4.0
Audi A6 2.5 TDI Estate
Audi A80 TDI Estate
Opel Rekord 1.6 Estate
Land Rover Series 2A 2.5 88
Rover SD1 3.5 V8 Vanden Plas
Citroen BX 1.6
Citroen GS 1.3 Estate
Mini 850
So, seriously looking forward to spending most of my time DRIVING rather than repairing this one!

Seriously good looking Cupra you got there. Unfortunately I couldn't fit all the gear I need to move around into that (hence my many estate cars).

Equinox

Welcome, nice choice, plenty of people who ride in it will say "is this only a 1.4"
LOL, yeah I know. I'm still trying to get used to bragging about my new car and saying "It's a 1.4". I come from an old school world where I used to drive a 4.0 Jag and a 3.5 Rover SD1 so I almost feel embarrased to say it's a 1.4!!!.

Tell you what, it would actually leave that old lazy Jag of mine standing but I'd need to change gears a bit quick in the Seat to do it! The 3.5 Rover was a beast though... Police used to use them back in the 80's and would often end up in a field with too much of a heavy foot :roflmao:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise