Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Glovebox help needed!

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by heatfan8, Feb 23, 2009.

1. heatfan8

heatfan8 Insert witty comment here

I have just fitted a shiny new ipod headunit into my SE TDi and have removed the (aftermarket) cd changer from the glovebox. It looks like this changer has replaced an original unit.

I now have a hole where the changer was. I know I can get a filler piece to convert the changer hole into useable glovebox, but was wandering if I can get a glovebox which is just one big compartment instead of wasting all that space with two sections?

I read on a different forum that the Audi A3 glovebox will fit, which I believe is one compartment, but is it available in black and the same 'texture' to the front of the door?

Thanks in advance!

Andy

2. mr_cool

mr_cool Active Member

I believe it is quite a bit of hassle to change the glovebox for the audi one. If you want to do it I think you can swap the doors over so it matches.

#2 mr_cool, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  3. heatfan8

How is it hassle?? Do you mean to get the old glovebox out? If so, the glovebox is sat on my bedroom floor now ;)

4. mr_cool

mr_cool Active Member

5. heatfan8

Hmmmmmmmmm.....think I will be going to the scrap yard before I start work at midday tomorrow!

Is it easy to change the doors over? I guess you have to change over that shelf over that sits under the glovebox? (The shelf that isnt big enough to fit two grains of mouse s*** on it!?)