Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Glovebox Lid

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4 (2002-2008)' started by 20VT Andy, Nov 17, 2008.

Tags:
  1. 20VT Andy

20VT Andy Guest

Hi guys

Does anyone else have a problem with their glovebox lid alignment with the dash when closed.

It sounds silly, but its almost like mine is twisted as its a neat fit on the left, but the right has a huge gap between the lid and the dashboard.

Just wondered if it was a common problem or just a one off on mine?

Thanks
    Andy

2. canonman

Do you have warranty?

3. 20VT Andy

20VT Andy Guest

yep, only got the car on Saturday :) its actually back in the dealers in the morning for this 'looking at' amongst other things

4. 20VT Andy

20VT Andy Guest

Anyone know if its a common fault? or a fault caused by misuse by the previous owner?

Need some amunition to shout at the dealer if they try and jip me when i collect the car tonight.

Cheers guys

5. fatcatman

fatcatman Active Member

Dont know how common it is but mine is the same- i have had the car from new

6. Chemical Al

Chemical Al Trollied Member

isnt there rubber stoppers that can be adjusted?

7. Aimez

Aimez Active Member

Mine doesn't sit right unless I bash it hard on closing is annoying to look at yes.

8. josh263uk

josh263uk DAS-6 waiting to be used

When you open the glove box there are 2 rubber stoppers near the edge on the door. These can be turned and adjust in and out, mine wasnt quite right, but its better now, after a small tweek.

9. Leigh15

I had this on my FR - it was caused my my sat nav cradle which was in the glovebox stopping the lid closing properly - this caused the lid to twist slightly and not want to close straight even when the cradle was out

10. Aimez

Aimez Active Member

^^^ think that is what happened to mine not that bothered really

11. iain1970

iain1970 I ♥ TDI

We looked at the Ibiza when it first came out in 2002 and the glovebox lid was a crap fit and needed a hefty push to get it to close. We bought a Mini Cooper instead.

When we traded the Mini in for our FR in 2005, there was no improvement in the glovebox lid in those 3 years. It would seem there still hasn't been an improvement. Typical.

12. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

isn't the lid only held in place by one latch? But i have the same symptons twisted and really a pain to close without a hefty slam.

Tbh i dont use the glove box much but i can see how it could be annoying. Be careful wehn faffing around with your dash mind I've found the plastic very VERY easy to mark much to my disapointment on day 2 of owning the car and sratching my dash :'(

13. halftone

halftone Active Member

My glovebox only closes with a decent slam, a gentle close and it just drops open a few seconds later.

14. krussel

krussel Active Member

Mines not perfect either but ive left well alone as the the dash plastics mark and scratch up so easly.

15. stezo2k

stezo2k Anjuna Monkey

mines had some pads put in, looks a bit crap but it seems to work pretty well and looks fine when closed
    ________
    LovelyWendie99

#15 stezo2k, Nov 23, 2008
    Last edited: May 1, 2011