glovebox light

Aimez

Fitting this today, taken the top part of the inside of glovebox out and snapped out the plastic in the hole and put the light in fine so far. I can see where to ground it on a bare piece of metal but I can't see where the switch goes or how I attatch the remaining wire to the interior light there is no wire for the interior light behind the glovebox? Anyone help at all?

Aimez

Thanks for that,weird I seached and it only came up with one guide someone did but there was no mention of where the switch goes!
I have just been out and felt around and put the switch in, not sure where to connect to get power from the nearest wires I have are speaker wires coming from my headunit going acrosee the golvebox can I use these as I can't see any other wires I could use?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
do not use speaker wires :lol: you will pop the output transistors of the heatunit

yellow or red wire from the back of the head unit will be fine depending if you want the light to work with ignition or without

Aimez

I really don't wanna pull the headunit out if is a nightmare to put back in cos all the wires coming out the back I had the push it in with my foot last time it was that bad! Also the wire is not long enough to reach there I don't think.

Aimez

yes my foot so it could use my hands to hold myself steady on the seat!.
I saw that thread that's a good idea and I have taken out the centre console before when I fitted a handbrake and gaitor so know its easy. I will prob do that then I think, will have to add to thewire though its only about 20cm long coming from the light! Cheers for that!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.