Going to Barcelona to see the new Ibiza

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I'm heading to Barcelona in a couple of weeks to see the new Ibiza. Are there any questions people would like to ask SEAT?

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Really good! Feels like a much bigger car because of it's width and the driving position is great for letting you reach all The controls easily. The design is really nice and all the creases are well thought out (the rear side crease actually goes into the rear light). New tech includes dual zone climate control, adaptive cruise control, keyless entry, wireless charging, the new 8 in touch screen, beats audio - it just goes on and on.
They'll be 5 trims S, SE, SE tech, FR and xcellence (which is fully loaded).

Brochures and pricelists are out at the beginning of may. I was with the head of marketing whilst there and picked his brains a bit, so if you've any questions fire away

A few pics:

Last edited:

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
What are your impressions of wind and tire noise, if you were able to test drive a car? Is it correct that xcellence trim gets softer suspension compared to other trims? This is xcellence on the pictures, isn't it?

Last edited:

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Yeah that's the xcellence in mystic magenta. We weren't able to drive it but the guys were saying they'd worked to reduce road noise and wind noise and from what I saw of the boot floor there's a hell of alot more sound deadening.
As for suspension the xcellence I believe will have a similar set up to the rest of the range, It just won't get any firmer or sportier like the FR.

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
I've read a few first impressions that are a little critical of the plastics quality in the cabin. Would you say they're accurate or is the interior finish no different to the outgoing model really?

Good to know brochures etc are out soon, I've been dying to find out specs, prices and options so I can work out potential cost.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Yeah everyone's going on about there not being much in the way of soft touch plastics, but really why does it matter? Do you touch the dash when you drive? Lol, The more I think about it the less it makes sense.
The build is solid, no creaky plastics or anything that you can pull or brake just by touching it.
As for options, from the prices I've seen they are all pretty reasonable the leds are one of the most expensive and are just under £500. The xcellence even comes with alcantara upholstery as standard

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Lol, Just a heads up that the front leds are a must have imo, I saw one without (must've been an SE, it had tiny wheels as well) and it didn't look anywhere near as good.

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
Lol, Just a heads up that the front leds are a must have imo, I saw one without (must've been an SE, it had tiny wheels as well) and it didn't look anywhere near as good.

Unless SEAT throw them in for free like they did with the Leon then we're gonna see a lot of non-LED Ibiza's on the road, maybe even the vast majority :cry:

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
Why are actually LEDs so expensive? I mean, they don't need fragile glass, rare metals like tungsten, vacuum or mercury or noble gasses... so one would think that they should be cheaper than regular lightbulbs.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.