Going to be proud owner of a Cupra 290

seat4life

Jan 2, 2019
I thought I might as well introduce myself
I'm coming from a Hyundai i30 to Cupra. A big jump in performance. As I'm a young lad I've been saving for nearly 2 years but this is it and I can't believe the time in almost up for me to own a 290.
In the next couple of weeks or so I will be taking delivered over Cupra 290 DSG.

I've got big plans for this car some of the Mods I'm going to do is virtual cockpit install with satnav.
Full exhaust system change
And other little mods.

The big one is the VC got all everything that I need to do the install, just I need to waiting for the car.

This year will be a good year can't wait

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
In the next couple of weeks or so I will be taking delivered over Cupra 290 DSG.

I've got big plans for this car some of the Mods I'm going to do is virtual cockpit install with satnav.

The big one is the VC got all everything that I need to do the install, just I need to waiting for the car.

Is this a current 290 model or is it the one prior to the 300? The reason I ask is that the current 290 already has the Digital Dash with Sat Nav whereas the older 290 doesn’t.

seat4life

Jan 2, 2019
Thanks all but unfortunately I didn't get the Cupra :cry: for some reason the car insurance decided to put my premium up way too much. Now I have SEAT Leon MK3 1.8 DSG and I found one and bought it.

One day I will have a Cupra...... One day

Robbie 290

Jan 1, 2019
So sorry to hear that mate... I'm sure most of us on here have had some similar issues with insurance...I'm showing my age here but I bought a 92 mr2 turbo back in the day all the insurance was sorted or so I thought. Found out after I bought the car they wouldn't insure it because it had a t-bar roof...it sat in the driveway for nearly 8 months and I had to walk past it every day...but it was worth the wait.. and trust me the cupra will be worth the wait when you get it.. and you will appreciate it even more...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

seat4life

Jan 2, 2019
So sorry to hear that mate... I'm sure most of us on here have had some similar issues with insurance...I'm showing my age here but I bought a 92 mr2 turbo back in the day all the insurance was sorted or so I thought. Found out after I bought the car they wouldn't insure it because it had a t-bar roof...it sat in the driveway for nearly 8 months and I had to walk past it every day...but it was worth the wait.. and trust me the cupra will be worth the wait when you get it.. and you will appreciate it even more...hope it all works out bud..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I knew I wanted the Cupra so for year or so I've been working hard, do an extra shifts where I can and saving up the money for it. Last year September when I check insurance it was coming to like £1500 BTW am 23. So in January when I was about to buy it I thought let me check insurance. To my surprise 3k

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Welcome, sorry you did not get the Cupra, being young has it's problems for ins of perforance cars. As an old guy who should know better with ins of around £200 it is the only advantage of getting on I can think of.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.