Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Going to build a race 1m

Discussion in 'Readers Rides (SEAT)' started by Mamic172, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Kizla

Kizla Active Member

I would like to buy switches for seat heating, if you would like to sell them and ship them to Croatia, please inform me in PM

Poslano sa mog SM-G960F koristeći Tapatalk

2. Mamic172

Mamic172 Active Member

Sorry kizla the seats where electric only. They where not heated

3. Mamic172

Mamic172 Active Member

Sorry been a bit quiet as weather been s**t. But now got the car to work and got rear doors stripped and gutted going to cut some metal out of them and put holes around the edge of the frame to help lighten them.
    Dash is nearly out. Then it's bumpers and all plastics to pull off. Then loom out and strip it all back remove abs, brake wear sensors all lights I don't need . All sensors in the cab I dent meet etc
    Long way to go but we are on the move forward lol

Attached Files:

#43 Mamic172, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  4. Mamic172

Mamic172 Active Member

Was thinking of ordering one of these

5. boneybradley

boneybradley Active Member

commenting so I can follow the project. I'm making my 1M into a track day car (will be interesting to see what you do)

6. Mamic172

Mamic172 Active Member

Today's update.
    Alldoors stripped. Dash is out. Need to cut out all the blue marked bits for either roll cage across or for weight saving. Wiring loom is striped up to the bulk head. Bumpers and wings removed. Need to find some fibre glass bumpers and them fibreglass wings too.
    Need to find the best way of removing the sound deadening. Don't want to heat it up as then it goes all sticking. May see if I can get some dry ice or may try using a carbon dioxide fire extinguisher as that will freeze it and then may break off... unless any one knows any other ideas

Attached Files:

7. Legojon

Legojon I only wanted a remap

That's one way to find that penny you dropped down the drivers seat.

8. Mamic172

Mamic172 Active Member

Still not found it yet tho

Legojon likes this.
  9. Mamic172

Mamic172 Active Member

Quick opinion from every one..... cupra r or btcc style. What's peoples opinion on style and function. Air flow etc. I going to do 3 well 4 air feeds... 2 to the brakes 1 for the air filer and 1 for cooling the rads. Well I more mean diverting air flow with ducking and plateing etc

Attached Files:

10. Sparkie

Sparkie Angling Adict.

Personally I like the Cupra R front with wide mouth conversion for best looks and best airflow to FMIC. Remove fogs and use both openings with ducts for intake and brakes etc.

As to styling, I love the Supa Copa arches when added.
    Don’t know who this is. Grabbed it from google images.
    [​IMG]

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
    3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

11. rainbird

rainbird Active Member

I'm with Sparkie, LCR bumper with fog feeds looks so much nicer than the old BTCC bumper you pictured.

Little unsure on the placement of the bonnet ducts in Sparkie's photo though - low-pressure zone above the air filter and NACA duct in a higher-pressure region seems somewhat counter-intuitive, though there could be all sorts going on underneath to completely justify it.

12. Just saw this, I know its a yank one but I am sure you can get some freezing stuff.

13. Mamic172

Mamic172 Active Member

Under the bonnet of a 1m cup car. Looks like.the naca duct is for air in take.in to the cab. And the other is for air to the air filter
    May do the naca in to cabin for cooling but then also have vents in the rear windows to let the air out and the vacuum effect too of the air passing over will draw the heat out the car too.

Attached Files:

14. Mamic172

Mamic172 Active Member

Leon fibreglass front bumper cupra r with splitter. The company also does the wider wings too...... and bonnet and boot in fibreglass.... this should be quite a light car when done. Hopefully.
    If people.get board over week ends and wanna help.... I'll get the kettle on.

Attached Files:

15. rainbird

rainbird Active Member

The one above the filter isn't in a particularly good position as an intake given the low pressure nature of that region of the bonnet though. There'll be some ram effect given the raised rear lip, but far from ideal surely? Happy to see some CFD/wool testing that shows otherwise.

NACA for cooling is decent, just be careful where you put them. Roof scoop is another option :)

16. Yellow fr

Yellow fr Active Member

I have seen on eBay
    [​IMG]
    And also some off these [​IMG]
    Don’t know if any good for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mamic172 likes this.
  17. Yellow fr

Yellow fr Active Member

Item number for wide arch front wings
    Item number for windows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mamic172 likes this.
  18. Mamic172

Mamic172 Active Member

Right have had a bad phone call.....AST can make me shocks. Coil over front and rear height adjustable. Dampening and rebound adjustable.... only problem is it would be a 1 off order as some others had pulled out... they gonna be about £3000... So tomorrow I think it's gonna be a phone call to Gaz.
    Or do people have any other suggestions. KW want about 4k for a set of Shocks lol

19. rainbird

rainbird Active Member

Set of Gaz Golds with custom rates and damping seem to be best bang for buck out there at the moment if you're looking for a new setup.

20. Mamic172

Mamic172 Active Member

Looking at the think they called GGA set up. Will give them a call tomorrow..