Golf Interior mirror

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
Hi all, ive had a search on here, but cant find any info on the auto dimming golf mk4 rear view mirror. My mirror decided to fall off last night and try to break my hand :censored: and i remember reading somewhere about the golf on that automatically dims when there are bright headlights behind.
I thought that as mine needs replacing (paint has flaked a little where it meets the windscreen) i would look into getting the Golf one.
Anyone got one fitted or know of some info for buying and fitting one?
Cheers you wonderful people :D :p

Last edited:

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
lol, know what u mean, but just might aswell mod it instead of just getting a standard one.

Yea remember hearing that it does need power, but aint gonna be a big problem sorting that.

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
For am LCR with black inside you'll need mirror from A3 the one without autowipers fits BUT its over £100, breakers yard is your friend!!! If you find one it has 5 wires only 3 are needed, 2 for power and one connected to reverse so mirror clears when reversing, I wired my power so only on when lights are on!!! Good mod!!! Good luck!!

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
power can be taken from the front interior lights

That would make running cables muuuuch easier!

If anyone finds somewhere to get these mirrors cheap, make sure you let us all know...sounds like a neat little upgrade!

Stan 24v

Apr 7, 2007
Blackpool
Ive got one of these in the 4mo and its a good thing to have. If I get time over the weekend I may strip it down and take some pics of the wiring.

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
cool cheers for the info lads. Im gonna have a look in a local salvage yard to see if they have any A3's and Golfs. Its a massive place so fingers crossed!!
Also know a guy in VW that will give me staff and trade discount so see what prices he comes back with and il let you all know if price is reasonable.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise