ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
HTA wheel is a very slight improvement over standard not much in it.
Guess what my new project is Bill,:p

I can't believe you guys suffer no surge issues on a 1.9 on a .63 housing.I think your headwork must be very good.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
HTA wheel is a very slight improvement over standard not much in it.
Guess what my new project is Bill,:p

I can't believe you guys suffer no surge issues on a 1.9 on a .63 housing.I think your headwork must be very good.

0.82 hotside on mine ryan
head flow on new head is even better especially on exhaust side.. :D looking fwd to getting time to reassemble it

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
Looking at a gt3582 with .82 hotside ,will have to have the head ported/polished and perhaps a decent intake manifold. Still not 100% the t3/t4 hybrid is making 500-520 and the gt35 will make 560-580 but with 800-1000rpm more to full boost still slightly unsure. :confused:

some more pics of turbo on car and of the down pipe sofar
IMG_0136.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

Backdraft

Looks good. Should be a monster with the 4wd. Im guessing it dodnt used to be 4wd? I would spend a little more time on the dp. You could easily get that to flow nicer. Come out of the v-band at more of an angle with a cut down bend then use more cut down bends to get a nice curve. You can get a nice internal 'smoothness' by purging the downpipe while tig'in.

This is a pic of an intake pipe ive recently made for a passat. Its in 3". There is virtually no room, but with the right cutting you can get a nice curve. You can do the same with the dp.

_MG_1289.jpg

Looks good. Should be a monster with the 4wd. Im guessing it dodnt used to be 4wd? I would spend a little more time on the dp. You could easily get that to flow nicer. Come out of the v-band at more of an angle with a cut down bend then use more cut down bends to get a nice curve. You can get a nice internal 'smoothness' by purging the downpipe while tig'in.

This is a pic of an intake pipe ive recently made for a passat. Its in 3". There is virtually no room, but with the right cutting you can get a nice curve. You can do the same with the dp.

_MG_1289.jpg

Did you cut a bend to get it like that all so what did you cut it with as i cant get a bend in my bandsaw

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.