Jun 1, 2007
well i had some bad luck to day i had the car running for about 5min and then BANG and the engine cut out:cry: So i took the rocker cover off to find this
SNV36215.jpg
SNV36211.jpg
IMG_0228.jpg
and then took the head off to find this 2 bent valves:censored:
IMG_0233.jpg
so not a good day
:wtf:
bet your sick m8 feel for you

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
catcams or qep? i guess you bought them transatlantically not thru the uk guy who would support the sale/issue

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Not seen this thread before and i only came across it from a bad mouse click. Got all excited when i read a post sates 12/11/09 that you would have it all finished by the end of the month that i thought i was going to read the finished article.. Sorry to hear about your cams, but you seem to have picked yourself up from it quite well. :) Great build buddy, look forward to seeing more.

Not seen this thread before and i only came across it from a bad mouse click. Got all excited when i read a post sates 12/11/09 that you would have it all finished by the end of the month that i thought i was going to read the finished article.. Sorry to hear about your cams, but you seem to have picked yourself up from it quite well. :) Great build buddy, look forward to seeing more.

Thanks mate i just take it as it comes im hopeing to get it done over xmas just hope the valves come next week then i can start to run the engine in

Celcius

Thanks mate i just take it as it comes im hopeing to get it done over xmas just hope the valves come next week then i can start to run the engine in

i live in belgium (where they manufacture cat cams) and went directly to the main office and i got a new cam.
this is the third time i see the problem. i've set the screws to 22nm 25nm now.
did you check if they were tightend up correctly? i presumed they were ok just like the other person but they aren't!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.