Golf MK4 R32 Alloys on LCR???

andypotts1981

Sep 25, 2009
I have my eye on a set of mk4 R32 alloys.

I think the offset in ET35 and i'm sure they are 5X100. Just wondering if anyone has these wheels fitted?

I have had a look about the internet but dont really understand the whole offset stuff.

Thanks in advance.

turbin

I use Audi TT 17" rims for my wintertires. They cleared my brembo's even without spacers.

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
I know the rep R32 wheels sold buy wheel-base.co.uk fit straight on to the mk4 golf-and I'm 99% sure they will fit!! And the rep wheels are very good quality I had them my self on a mk4 gfi golf rs4 wheels

andypotts1981

Sep 25, 2009
managed to get some alloys that look similar to the audi TT rims...

They are ET35 but I still needed a spacer to clear the brembos. I've just got 15mm hubcentric spacers for the front, not really sure what spacers to run on the back though. I got the 15mm for the front to check that they fit before going ahead with refurbing the wheels.

Anyway, they did fit so i'm on refurbing them in the kitchen at the moment.... all done in primmer ready to paint tomorrow.

I would post some piccys of the progress but I don't think I have enough posts (some of my earlier posts when I joined have disappeard!!!)

EmDee

Omnishambolic
I use Audi TT 17" rims for my wintertires. They cleared my brembo's even without spacers.

I'm guessing you have the european version of the LCR which only came with brembos as an option.

I know for a fact that I can't get 17s on mine. I have ET35 18" x 8s on mine and they still need 15mm spacers to clear the brembos. It all depends on the shape of the inside of the wheels, you cant tell if they will fit by the offset.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I can't see what TT comps wouldn't clear brembos, I just bought a set and there a pretty low ET [33 I think] and due to the flat face and thickness of the actual face theres loads of room behind them :)

mattfas

Apr 6, 2009
leeds
mk5 r32 alloys

hi mate i have some of these alloys the same ones as phillc has on hes there for sale in fact if anyones interested

EmDee

Omnishambolic
I can't see what TT comps wouldn't clear brembos, I just bought a set and there a pretty low ET [33 I think] and due to the flat face and thickness of the actual face theres loads of room behind them :)

True, but a.) You've not got Brembos and b.) They didn't specify which TT wheels.

As I said above the ET has nothing to do with it, it's all about the shape inside the wheel. The wheels in my sig are 'TT wheels' and they need at least 12-13mm spacers.

Also I'm not sure that 17s would be big enough to clear full stop, plus you'd need 45 or 50 series tyres to make the same diameter. Best to stick to 225 40 18s if you ask me.

The clearance on brembo clad LCRs is a nightmare, most wheels don't fit at all!

andypotts1981

Sep 25, 2009
True, but a.) You've not got Brembos and b.) They didn't specify which TT wheels.

As I said above the ET has nothing to do with it, it's all about the shape inside the wheel. The wheels in my sig are 'TT wheels' and they need at least 12-13mm spacers.

Also I'm not sure that 17s would be big enough to clear full stop, plus you'd need 45 or 50 series tyres to make the same diameter. Best to stick to 225 40 18s if you ask me.

The clearance on brembo clad LCRs is a nightmare, most wheels don't fit at all!

I bought a set which are probably the same as yours.... aparently they came off a skoda octavia rs.

I thought i was onto a winner with ET35 but had to get the hubcentric spacers....

I have some 5mm spacers lying about at home which i'm considering using on the rear rather than shelling out for anoth set of 15 mil ones. As most of you say the track is wider on the front so don't think 10mm will upset it much.

suppose its one of them trial and error things, if it's terrible i'll get some more 15mm ones for the rear and get everything back to how seat produced it (ish) :blink:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.