Gone and done it part 2!!!

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Have a word with GK Seat in Derby, sure they still have a Red Ibiza Cupra (in TDI form too I think). We had a test drive in a red one there which was for sale and then also had a new one unregistered. Sure it was there last monday when mine was being serviced.

Edit: looked nice in red too, and you've not had a red one yet :D

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
I think the TDI Cupra is a statement, and feel the only way you can put this across on the road is either "Racy Red" or the yellow. Just an opinion, but it is the flagship model.

MrMischief

Hmmmm I think red makes the car look cheaper.

I was going to get a platinum one at first, but the black one in the showroom was calling me... ;)

My colour preference :

1st equal black/platinum grey
2nd yellow (looks great too)
163rd red

:D
Steve

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
You can always by mine if you want.There are a few scratches but nothing abit of T-cut will not sort out.

Picture031.jpg

Stephen O

May 4, 2004
Manchester
Holy Moly!!! Thats a mess, real shame! Hope you got out of it ok? So is it a write off? Hope not cos insurance companies always screw you on price! Whats next then if they pay you out?

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
I am O.K just really gutted and pissed off. It is a right off and yes the insurance company will probably screw me over. Really loved my PD Cupra but i have been thinking about getting a VW Golf GT TDI 4motion.Theres only two reasons for this;
1 The new Golf has a 16v diesel engine that i can get more power from then the 8v in the Ibiza.
2 The 4motion comes with 4wd so no traction problems since i was having trouble getting the power to the road in my Cupra and even though i was going to get a Quaife fitted soon it would never grip like a 4motion car would.

MrMischief

devonmikeyboy said:
You can always by mine if you want.There are a few scratches but nothing abit of T-cut will not sort out.

That's gonna hurt...sorry to hear you've written off your beastie, looks like it stood up to the roll ok though, did it roll in a field as looks like it must've been a soft surface? What speed (roughly :whistle: )?

Are you going to sell off any of your (surviving) modded parts?? ;)

Think the 4motion would be a good move, if you get it all to lock up

Steve

Stephen O

May 4, 2004
Manchester
Shortlist

Right, here's my shortlist of car choice's: (in no particular order)

Audi A3 Tdi Sport (new shape model)
Mk5 Vw Golf Gt Tdi
Seat Ibiza Cupra Tdi
Vauxhall Astra Sporthatch Cdti

Please feel free to comment on your choice. All comment's appreciated!

Triple D

Stephen O said:
Right, here's my shortlist of car choice's: (in no particular order)

Audi A3 Tdi Sport (new shape model)
Mk5 Vw Golf Gt Tdi
Seat Ibiza Cupra Tdi
Vauxhall Astra Sporthatch Cdti

Please feel free to comment on your choice. All comment's appreciated!
Are the tdi's a must? if not then why not wait for the new VW GOLF GT with the 1.4 turbo and superchaged engine? not sure what insurance group is but low tax and pretty good mpg for a petrol.

Triple D

Stephen O said:
Yeah i need a smog meister, Golf sound's mad! Turbo and S/C! :D
does sound good, imagine what it would be like after a few subtle mods and custom code 2? It think that they should have put that engine in the new polo gti rather than the 1.8 20vt just to be different.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
spaniels fr said:
does sound good, imagine what it would be like after a few subtle mods and custom code 2? It think that they should have put that engine in the new polo gti rather than the 1.8 20vt just to be different.

According to most tuners i have spoken to, the new 1.4 Super turbo is not gonna be very tunable. AMD just said, " not gonna bother"

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members