Good Deal?

the cat

Like a dog with a bone.
Jul 20, 2004
Geordie Land
Hi all,

My local stealers is offering a new 55 plate Leon FR TDI with smart nav etc for 13995 - thinking of trading in my 04 Cupra TDI for one. I love my car but fancy something new so maybe this solves my problem. What do you think?

I know its essentially the same car but I do like the "old" shape Leon.....

the cat

Like a dog with a bone.
Jul 20, 2004
Geordie Land
Aye well,

I have indeed went for it - black magic metallic, smart nav and of course the Cupra R bumpers, front and rear.

Got 11800 for mine as trade in - maybe a bit less than what I would want but its relative against what I am paying for the new one.

With 100 quid road fund license, thats 2300 to change. Cant grumble at that.

the cat

Like a dog with a bone.
Jul 20, 2004
Geordie Land
CHR15B said:
I thought the FR was just the facelift LC bumpers?

It was at first, but the last off the line have been getting Cupra R front and rear bumpers and wheels (17s, though, not 18s, but the R style). There was an advert on seat.co.uk but not sure if its there now. Plus smart nav of course.

I've seen the car I'm buying, I'm not making this up!

Knigh

Jul 9, 2005
W Sussex
CHR15B said:
I thought the FR was just the facelift LC bumpers?

Just like "The Cat" has said - the last run of FR's come with the bumpers and 17 "R" Alloys with plastic coloured silver wing mirrors and the Leon spaced letter at the rear. I know cause I've got one. The very last batch Seat threw in Sat Nav.

Steve221

Workshy Fop.
May 30, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
Did you get it from Alexandra Bridge SEAT, if you did, I hate you. ;) I've just been on the phone to find out that the one I was going to look at has been sold. :(

Congrats you lucky boy :)

the cat

Like a dog with a bone.
Jul 20, 2004
Geordie Land
Steve221 said:
Did you get it from Alexandra Bridge SEAT, if you did, I hate you. ;) I've just been on the phone to find out that the one I was going to look at has been sold. :(

Congrats you lucky boy :)

Aye, tis indeed from ABC - saw the advert on sunday and bought on Monday (from Paul Fowler - top man).

They have a red one and a grey one - how about those?

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Ahhhhhhh that explains the one i saw yesterday then.

I saw one wi the Cupra R bumpers and wheels and it was puffing out smoke like a diesel.

Now i no why!!! LOL.

It was a 55 Reg.

Steve221

Workshy Fop.
May 30, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
the cat said:
Aye, tis indeed from ABC - saw the advert on sunday and bought on Monday (from Paul Fowler - top man).

They have a red one and a grey one - how about those?

Nah mate, has to be black, went down on Sat and they only had the red one left and a black ex-demo with 500 miles on, still wanted 14 for it and didn't offer much for mine. I couldn't get anything out of the bloke I was talking to, not even an extra 100 quid on my car. I didn't feel like I was getting anywhere so I walked out.

I may try to ring this morning and speak to the sales manager or the guy you spoke to, see if they can do any better.

Beautiful car though with the R bumpers.

the cat

Like a dog with a bone.
Jul 20, 2004
Geordie Land
Steve221 said:
Nah mate, has to be black, went down on Sat and they only had the red one left and a black ex-demo with 500 miles on, still wanted 14 for it and didn't offer much for mine. I couldn't get anything out of the bloke I was talking to, not even an extra 100 quid on my car. I didn't feel like I was getting anywhere so I walked out.

I may try to ring this morning and speak to the sales manager or the guy you spoke to, see if they can do any better.

Beautiful car though with the R bumpers.

Aye, some of the salesmen can be that way - ask to speak to Paul and when you do speak to him, tell him he was recommended by Andy (me). He's had 11 new Seats out of me, my family and friends so it should be worth a name-drop.