Good service from Alloy insurer

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Being a div I managed to kerb one of the Cupra alloys at the weekend. I took out alloy insurance with Tidyalloys when I got the car so made a claim. It was £199 for 3 years cover, up to 6 claims a year (1 wheel is one claim).

Super easy, they arranged a local alloy repairer to phone me and that was that. Wheel is now getting repaired, all covered, no excess. The alloy repairers price would be £120 for a diamond cut 19 inch wheel.

Ill report back on the quality of repair by Southwest Alloys when I get the wheel back. It wasnt a big scrape anyway.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Wheel done, looks like new, all good.

Super easy process all round. Didnt need to fill in any paperwork or anything.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Wow, never thought of this. I generally try and keep my alloys safe but I have accidentally dinged them on occaision. Never bothered getting them sorted though because thought it would cost too much. My local guy does diamond cut wheel refurbs for about £70 a wheel.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
The only thing is, if your car isnt new they want to inspect the wheels first, since they dont want you claiming for pre-existing damage.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
The only thing is, if your car isnt new they want to inspect the wheels first, since they dont want you claiming for pre-existing damage.
I'd only be getting it on the new car. THe one I have now, the previous owner ruined the left front and rear wheels.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise