Goodbye Mk2 FR, Hello Mk3 FR

NinjaPirateUK

Alor Blue Leon SC 1.8 TSI
Sep 7, 2009
Long story short, I went into my local dealer to test drive a 1.8 TSI SC and ended up buying one that they had in dealer stock. Only 15 miles on the clock, and got a deal I couldn't say no to. :D

Spec:

1.8 TSI SC in Alor Blue
18" performance alloys
Tech pack
Convenience pack
Winter pack
Seat sound system (with space saver spare)
Alcantara sports seats

Plus, when I collected the car I discovered:

Safety pack
Driver assist pack

I am loving driving a petrol again, slightly miss the torque of the diesel (and oddly the vertical wipers) but the petrol smoothness and power delivery more than makes up for it.

I'll post some proper pictures when it's clean...

In the mean time, can anyone tell me if these look like the proper SC mats?

rKikUod.jpg

ogDS9ne.jpg

CGidaPQ.jpg

The reason I ask is the passenger side mat doesn't line up with the anchor points.

If the mats are correct then I'll just move the anchor, but if the mats are wrong I'll have to take it up with the dealer. :confused:

Last edited:

EyesOnly

I have the 5 door not the SC, mine certainly don't have that odd shaped profiling along the back edge (Seat side) of the matt's. I can't imagine OEM equipment such as matt's etc wouldn't line up / fit with the standard mounting / anchor points of the vehicle they are alleged to fit.

Taff

Jun 10, 2002
South Wales
Nice specs NinjaPirateUK. How many readies was the deal (if you don't mind me askin')?

Would love to see some pics...

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
I think they might be from the MK2 Leon, those mats.

If you compare the general shape of these, supposedly for the 2013 Leon -

mKPXUAevX3OW_JVV5dm761w.jpg

With these (for the 2012) -
mx6tOOhEZL7MKe2J9JOjuaA.jpg

You can see the difference. The 2013 driver's mat has a little thin sticky-out tongue thing, and the top of the passenger mat is much wider too.

Pretty sure mine are horizontal across the bottom of the mat, without any wobbly bits, just like EyesOnly describes.

EyesOnly

The 2013 onwards Matt's certainly look the same as the ones I have in my 5-door and these line up with the Anchor points perfectly.

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
Get in touch with your dealer.

Mine came with the wrong mats as well. Quick phone call later and they posted some out to me.

Not idea what car the ones I got with the car we're off.

NinjaPirateUK

Alor Blue Leon SC 1.8 TSI
Sep 7, 2009
I think they might be from the MK2 Leon, those mats.
mKPXUAevX3OW_JVV5dm761w.jpg

You are absolutely correct Bubbs. I went back to the dealer yesterday and asked them to be changed and they swapped the whole set for the same shape that you posted. Looks like I did have a set of Mk2 ones. Swapping mats this way definitely beats hoovering them! :D

All the anchor points line up correctly now and the rear mats actually fit in the foot wells. :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise