Goodwood Festival of Speed

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
For the first time in years I'm not on holiday, working abroad on this weekend - now I'm living really close I thought I'd go along since I've not been for 11 or so years.

So I log onto Goodwoods website, £50 for one ticket. :ban:

Seriously? I mean I earn a good wage, but £100 for a couple to get in!! for that much I can't sit down anywhere. Food & drink will be astronomical too, and I dare say there's a charge to park in a field.

It's a shame, because it was excellent when I've been before, McRae & Burns taking the first corner well sideways in WRC cars across the grass - but they must be looking to make a lot of cash.

Anyone else thinking of going?

ashley600

Jan 19, 2009
leicester
I went a couple of years ago. And it was brilliant worth the money I think. I don't think you could go anywhere eles and see such a large cross section of cars. Most of the owners are more than happy to start them up so you can get a listen to them being reved up. I was just about deaf after a gt40 was given a foot full!!!!

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
I've been for the past couple of years.

I always go on the Friday as it cheaper and quieter. Some of the big names aren't there (Hamilton etc) but all the cars run and less crowds mean you get to see them a bit closer.

Parking is free, programmes are about £12 and food is expensive- "Gourmet" Fish & Chips are about £6.50

It's a good day out and a great chance to see some very nice machinary up close and personal.

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
I really want to go to GFOS but like you buddy, I cant justify £100 for a couple for a day.
Add the fact I need to travel from B'ham and it's expensive.
The mrs went a few years back with her dad because work got him the tickets for his 40th b'day and they said it was superb! Gutted TBH!

I did the Renaultsport weekend a go last year and it was good.
2 days, free tickets, quali and races for the Formula Renault and a few other cars. F1 car made an appearance a couple of times.
Great for free.

Also Le Mans in 2008 - That was just fantastic. Just cold and wet tho in a tent!

NickCupraR

NickIbiza
Mar 2, 2009
Chichester Portsmouth Area
I live locally to goodwood and go every year to FOS. the atmosphere is amazing and i don't think anywhere else you can see a wide variety of cars from supercars to classic cars to futureistic cars. Brilliant day out worth every penny.

Friday is definitly the day to go on!

microgerry

Apr 11, 2007
Connah's Quay, Flintshire
We went a couple of years ago and loved it. Thought it was worth every penny, and we drove down from North Wales! So much to see and do and getting up close to your favourite cars and people is great. Yes, it is expensive but I think good value.
Gerry

rich RS

Ibiza 1.4 TSI ACT 150 FR
Aug 5, 2006
Driving some where!
I live locally to goodwood and go every year to FOS. the atmosphere is amazing and i don't think anywhere else you can see a wide variety of cars from supercars to classic cars to futureistic cars. Brilliant day out worth every penny.

Friday is definitly the day to go on!

You may found my car in one of the car parks Friday :blink:

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
im going this year with the other half, parents gave me tickets and told me to chill out and enjoy, only going as i hear a few R15 plus are there

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I went yesterday to the moving motorshow there, all the cars but driving more or in paddocks
Did get the tickets free and wouldn't have gone otherwise
325 mile round trip, 2 quid a bottle of coke, 50 quid petrol, it all adds to a long expensive day
Had funny moment when a bloke was explaining about the lotus evora and how its made
Didnt tell him i used to work for them and modifed the front section and main tub of the 14 that went for crash testing

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
was really impressed, my first time and im hooked. I know its a lot of money but the cars and stars were really good

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
I went for the first time yesterday. Yes, it's an expensive day out, but it's worth every penny.

Personal highlights - McLaren F1 GTR going up the hill. Mika in a Mercedes Benz W196. Bruno Senna in his uncle's McLaren. Sir Jackie Stewart in his '73 Tyrrell. John Surtees. And of course the Transit ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.