Got my body back..........!

Hi All,

Well, unfortunately work commitments outside of the UK and family stuff has kept me away from the car for, well, most of last year really....... I am now trying to decide what to do with it, as i am unlikely to have enough time to do the car justice this year DOH, so far, options are:

1) keep it in storage
2) sell it as unfinished project
3) break it for parts

obviously neither 2 nor 3 will see any return close to what i have paid out for the car, but thats life (if you wanna stay rich, stay away from cars !! lol)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Hi All,

Well, unfortunately work commitments outside of the UK and family stuff has kept me away from the car for, well, most of last year really....... I am now trying to decide what to do with it, as i am unlikely to have enough time to do the car justice this year DOH, so far, options are:

1) keep it in storage
2) sell it as unfinished project
3) break it for parts

obviously neither 2 nor 3 will see any return close to what i have paid out for the car, but thats life (if you wanna stay rich, stay away from cars !! lol)

2) - how unfinished is it paul? it was well on the way last time you were able to work on it?

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Paul.
shame to hear things have puleld you away from the car :(

depending on its condition / price i know some one who would be willing to buy it! he works at Rolls Royce and is a complete car nut so it would go to a good home.

he also has and is currently restoring a 300zx TT which we are having a good time removing the engine (not a lot of space in a TT model)

drop me a PM if you do consider selling it.

Adam

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
he also has and is currently restoring a 300zx TT which we are having a good time removing the engine (not a lot of space in a TT model)

ive pulled the engine out of one of these before... f-ing nightmare arent they especially with all the vac lines

id like to see how much youd sell the car for though... wont be able to afford it like but i can only dream

There isnt actually that much more to do on the car to finish it, but there is quite a chunk of work left to properly set it up etc.

To finish:

1) bonnet + rear bumper need paint
2) rear internal floor pannels need bonding / screwing in (all cut and ready to go in)
3) needs a cover making for the gear shift mech where it pokes through the rear floor
4) brakes need bleeding and setting up
5) for a "proper" MOT it needs the mech handbrake system installing (got parts just havent done it) it would probably go through a "friendly" MOT with the hyd handbrake... lol
6) it needs the driver and passenger doors building up - requires some internal door trims

Then it needs a proper engine cal doing, it's got a start and run bare bones cal but no more, so needs fuel / spark / boost mapping etc doing
Then it needs all the suspension setting up - optimising rates / geo / damping etc

TBH, the time is in doing the last 2 bits right, time i haven't got at the moment.

A quick look at ebay / internet prices and the parts i have suggest there would be approx £26k's worth of parts if broken and sold, so obviously i would have to sell it for more than that as a complete car !! At the moment i have no idea as if anyone would want to pay that sort of money for a car you can't rally.........:confused:

Well, after a bit of non-activity (small understatement there !!) i've gone and just quit my job and i'm taking a year out to finish all my er, unfinished, projects!!!:lol:

So some progress on the beastie.

Out in the sun for the first time in a while:
IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2280_crop1.jpg

suspension fitted, brakes / PAS bled, wheels on:
IMG_2286_crop1.jpg

she's a runner:
http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q137/max_torque_2006/?action=view&current=SEAT_Rally_car.flv

Got all the parts on order for my custom trailer (cars too wide for a std BJT one!), planning a shake down at Millbrook in a few weeks, which is going to be interesting as it's bloody scary just at idle....... :D

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
This car is truly amazing and admire the effort put into it.

Wish I had the time, money and ability!

DC

*EDIT* Forgot to add that it deserves to be finished by the person who started it!

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members