Got my body back..........!

Triple D

:-o wow that looks ace, its gonna be an absolute bute when its all finished.

Sombody raided the Ford Mondeo touring car parts bin by the looks of it?;)

Apparently, although i can't confirm it, that spoiler was the one that charlie cox lost off the back of his mondeo when he rolled it at Thruxton when he only had rear brakes at the end of the back straight, many years ago now!

it's not gonna ne quite that high off the roof, as a set of fitted brackets will drop it by about 2".

Unfortunately there is no such thing as totally tidy wiring, but it helps to not design / build in too many bodges at the assembley stage. especially as on this car the package is so tight lots of stuff would have to come out to get at some of the bits etc.

so far the biggest pain has been putting in the lexan windows properly / neatly, spent about 6hrs just doin the one in the tailgate (although i have managed to conceal some cunning ally re-enforcing plates under the std plastic lip spoiler to support the massive Touring car one, lol!

don't think there are any std scooby bits on it, but it does have a few choice S11 WRC 'preza bits in it! :funk:

it does run a CAN for the body controller to interface with the EMS and water injection control, and there is enough spare processor power to add an active rear diff if i wanted to a some point. (would just need to add a steering angle sensor)

As for the specs, well, that would take up a small book! surfice to say it pretty much has the best of everything! lol

Last edited:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
DSC03128.jpg

- this is not mine, it's Team D.A.V.E from talkaudio.

This might give you an idea for lexan fixing ...... it can withstand close to 160db of bass ... am sure it can cope with an engine :)

Last edited:

andy_dea

Aug 9, 2003
north east
Visit site
stunning build,

are you making some of the interior carbon yourself?

are your windows the plastic for performace kit? (looks like it with the black borders)

any close up pics of how fitting as about to order a set, did you ever figure out to fix the rear 1/4s windows, i.e using a standard lower spec seal?

also whats the plan for the windscreen? thin glass? heated screen

im sure we could get a few of us intrested to get a small batch of heated screens made?

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
all the space is because the engine's midmounted - but radiators & Intercooler sit there tilted at an angle (larger surface area, low stack height)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise