Got my body back..........!

Triple D

Looks truly amazing, just to stun us, how much is the carbon propshaft worth???

Taxi rides, yeah maybe, you just have to sign a disclaimer first! lol!

Heat is gonna be a major issue as the engine and exhaust package is so tight with the engine being right back in the front of the car, so more heat shielding going in:

HS4.jpg

HS5.jpg

this car is rapidly becoming a plumbers worst nightmare! lol

HS10.jpg

longman

Stumped!
Mar 13, 2007
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Its really fantastic to see something like this being built so well. I built a 205GTI Rally Car from Scratch a while ago and having seen and rallied against some real abortions the past, its great to see a new build take shape like this. Keep those pics comming. Its looking just awsome!!

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
cracking set up with the torque tube, must strengthen the car no end having that run up the middle - are you still using the electronics in the diff ?

cracking set up with the torque tube, must strengthen the car no end having that run up the middle - are you still using the electronics in the diff ?

Currently the diff is passive, but i have all the necesary bits and spare capacity in my BCM to go fully active as required, but to be honest, setting the car up initally will be enough of a nightmare with just a passive diff. So i think that will wait for the Evo 2 version! lol

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
was talking to a chap at autosport about a very trick sadev fwd gearbox on their stand and he was telling me that they now do active diffs for their fwd boxes.....awesome stuff, never tried one, must make a massive difference but like you say, not exactly straightforward to set up and perhaps beyond the amateur (a bit like the price LOL)

was talking to a chap at autosport about a very trick sadev fwd gearbox on their stand and he was telling me that they now do active diffs for their fwd boxes.....awesome stuff, never tried one, must make a massive difference but like you say, not exactly straightforward to set up and perhaps beyond the amateur (a bit like the price LOL)

A propely set-up active diff is deffo the way to go, as it allows you to have a nice combination of Yaw authority and Yaw damping as required depending what the loading are on the chassis, however, (and especially for a tarmac car) i think it is vital to have both steering angle and lateral / Longitudinal G sensors so you can decide what is actually happening in real time and adjust the pre-loads as required. Even better is to have an asymetric overspeeding epicycilic in the spool so that you can have a positive yaw authority as required!. The big problem with anything active is that it's only better than a passive item if it is properly tested and set-up. A few years back when lots of clubman drivers started to get there hands on Ex-WRC active transmission cars, most of them actually went slower for a good few years till they learnt how to set the cars up and which of the multitudinous settings was actually optimum for any given set of conditions. :headhurt:

So for now i am staying passive, and will just put in a very tight setting to start off with, maximising traction at the expense of yaw authority, and only soften it off if the car doesn't turn in well enough.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members