Got my car back (Big Turbo)

T10HJS

From BucksVAG.net
Feb 19, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Rahs i was thinking the sasem think but at the moment mikes cars a bit quicker than minw :( lol.
but you just reminded me, this weekend is Flame & Thunder and me and mike will be abatteling it out on Sunday on the strip, (that is ig his engine doesnt afll our :D)
any ones welocme to come along it s£10 entry and £20 unlimited runs, theres quite a few people on my fourm who will be running should be a good day.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
them new engine mounts and welds have helped mike out then ;)

would go with you boys to this rwyb would be a crack! but this saturday ive got LOADS OF WORK TO DO on the golf and then im going to the oxford adition vag show this sunday :(

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
would love for them to do another shoot because i have actually changed loads of stuff since then lol, unfortunatly santapod was to busy for strip action on sunday but rest assured the first few rwyb sessions in jan i will be there really want to see what the beast can do, oh yea and you know my statement about its a shame diesel exhausts dont pop and bang..... well mine does :D will post the vid up when i get home but when i let of the accelerator the exhaust pops :D

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
p.s the other night i had sparks and flames coming out my exhaust :D think it has something to do with the exhaust temps burning up the inside of the silencer hahaha

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
i'm sure its just the temp burning up the silencer which isn't a massive worry to me, do you think it should be?? it does seem to get louder and louder the more i keep driving it, but lets face it even if it all burns up its only going to end up like mufflerectomy??

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
i may contact miltek/jabba and see what kind of warrenty these things have with them wouldn't mind a new shiny exhaust:D when i sit there on idle you can here ticking noises from the exhaust aswell

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Sparks are from Carbon build up or something coming out the back, poping and flames im not too sure on!!! Doesnt sound ideal.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
poping and flames are from over fueling caused by bad mapping. I hope the ticking noise is from the exhaust and not from the engine or you might soon be buying a new engine as well as an exhaust, that`s as long as the flames don`t catch something on fire on your car so you need a whole new car...

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
i carry with me a nice big fire extinguisher anyway so hopefully that won't be a problem the poping isn't from the flames or sparks and when i say sparks and flames coming out the back i don't mean constantly it does it occasionally and the ticking noise is 100% from the backbox, not the engine. surely any re-mapped car is "over fuled" i have spoken to jabba on many occasions and they have said if they pull back the fuel it will inturn pull back the performance and i wouldn't want to loose any of that! will load the vid up and post in on here in a few mins of exhause poping :D

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Well despite being remapped and driving like a thief most of the time i've yet to see mine pop, bang or flame - then again i've not got much in the way of silencers in mine :)

TBH i thought it was only petrol cars that did that, if you've got flames coming from the exhaust on occasion and it's from unburnt diesel it really must be chucking excess down there .... mind you i'm NO expert :)

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
surely any re-mapped car is "over fuled" i have spoken to jabba on many occasions and they have said if they pull back the fuel it will inturn pull back the performance

NO a well remapped diesel car should definitely not be over fueled and should not smoke continually. If you want to get extra power by just over fueling your car get a cheap ebay resistor box fitted to your car. Why do you think people are told on tuning sites that resistor boxes are a bad way to tune a car since all they do is over fuel a car and to save their money and get a proper remap which is better but a lot more expensive if your just going to end up with a over fueled car still ! :doh:

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Ok well i stand corrected but my car is still fueling more than when i bought it "over fueling" thats what i ment anyway and the reason my car smokes is because my intercooler isn't efficent enough to keep the air intake temps down it doesn't smoke for the 1st 30 seconds of booting it then the intake temps go right up to 75 degrees so i don't blame jabba they have told me they are more than happy to bring the map down a bit if i am willing to drop power a bit and i said no thanks i will survive so i 100% don't blame the map for this i have a very smooth and good performace map which i am more than pleased with how the power is delivered and how much power is delivered, all i am focusing on is getting my intake temps down then hopefully we should be able to get a bit more out of the engine!!

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Ok well i stand corrected but my car is still fueling more than when i bought it "over fueling" thats what i ment anyway and the reason my car smokes is because my intercooler isn't efficent enough to keep the air intake temps down it doesn't smoke for the 1st 30 seconds of booting it then the intake temps go right up to 75 degrees so i don't blame jabba they have told me they are more than happy to bring the map down a bit if i am willing to drop power a bit and i said no thanks i will survive so i 100% don't blame the map for this i have a very smooth and good performace map which i am more than pleased with how the power is delivered and how much power is delivered, all i am focusing on is getting my intake temps down then hopefully we should be able to get a bit more out of the engine!!

What i have posted below is not a personal attack on you but if you don`t want me to post on your thread after reading it just say so.
Now i know you love Jabba and believe everything they say and eat up every word of it but at what stage are you going to start to question what they say or trawl though the internet to see if others suffer the same problems you do and maybe just maybe get a second opinion on all the problems you have with your car. No other tuning company or person i know of has ever had any problems running your power with a forge FMIC. Popping and banging from a diesel car is over fueling though BAD MAPPING FACT . If you have sky high inlet temps what the hell do you think your EGT temps are then. If it was me i would be kicking off big time at Jabba and telling them i wanted my car sorted and mapped properly not listening to constant excuses.

turkish

Mar 14, 2003
Kent
Visit site
I have to agree with with devonmikeyboy and 75 degree intake temps are sky high. I remeber having mine on a dyno a few months back, they had a problem setting it up so the car sat there for to long, intake temps reached 81 degrees, result: Power down from suspected true output plus incredible black smoke output.

You may well just have an Intercooler fault, which I am sure yours is under warranty still.

Otherwise try a jabba map with less fuelling, yes you may lose 10-20 BHP and some torque, but I bet with the huge power and torque you already have and the very light weight Ibiza that a less fuelled map will be a hell of a lot less smokey while still being a beast on the road.

Have a read of my previous post regarding my mapping, I played around with various maps and not just the first one that was put on. I tried many smoke free maps and if I had a lighter car they would have been the ones I stuck with.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
What i have posted below is not a personal attack on you but if you don`t want me to post on your thread after reading it just say so.
Now i know you love Jabba and believe everything they say and eat up every word of it but at what stage are you going to start to question what they say or trawl though the internet to see if others suffer the same problems you do and maybe just maybe get a second opinion on all the problems you have with your car. No other tuning company or person i know of has ever had any problems running your power with a forge FMIC. Popping and banging from a diesel car is over fueling though BAD MAPPING FACT . If you have sky high inlet temps what the hell do you think your EGT temps are then. If it was me i would be kicking off big time at Jabba and telling them i wanted my car sorted and mapped properly not listening to constant excuses.

I don't think its a personal attack mate i value your opinion and i know you know more about diesel's than most, but i honestly belive that it is the intake temps that are my problem not the map, i have another forge fmic in my garage which i am waiting to fit as my old one has snapped the brakets holding it on, but the fmic is of course going to be the same as the old one, i'm concidering having a custom charge cooler fitted and scrapping the fmic all together as i am told it will reduce the boost run and be more efficient cooling, before i take the tuning any further i.e. propane nos i want to make sure then my intake temps are down to comething reasonable i will call jabba today and question them but i have spoken to mike on many occasions and he is addament that the fmic is the problem. who else is runnign a jabba hybrid on a ibiza with a forge fmic??? i know the forge fmic for a skoda fabia is single pass therefore would be more efficient!!

thanks for advice mikey

p.s i like the feature on your car looks awesome!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.