got pulled over AGAIN! Cornering Foglights!

tur8o_boi

Aug 21, 2008
second time now, just for the fog lights!

i am definitely going to get them turned off, as its really starting to :censored: me off!

rant over!

anyone know how easy it is via vagcom to turn it off?

tur8o_boi

Aug 21, 2008
no fines, as there are no grounds for it.

ummm....best way to describe it is that if you turn left, the left fog comes on illuminating the inside of the bend, and the same if you turn right. only one fog comes on.

just asked for my life story, and didnt even apologise for pulling me over, just took down all my details, and even said "is that a seat leon?" i responed with "no, its an ibiza" in a poopy way lol

time waster!

and then he asked me before i got in my car, "you dont know of any crimes in the area do you? drug dealing, thefts etc...?" and i was really tempted to reply back with, no do your own homework!!!

tur8o_boi

Aug 21, 2008
bulb out would be an option, but doing it properly be a better idea :) if i took the bulb out, it would eliminate any chance of my turning on my fogs when needed, whereas if i just disable the cornering light function.... :D

Mobo

Jan 20, 2010
West midlands
i got pulled aswell yesterday
but mine was because one of my break lights wernt working
and then said it came up on the system as no insurance
and then they said it wasnt registerd in my name
but the thing is everything is legit on my car
they just like to waste time and show that they are doing something instead of just driving around in circles
they need 2 sort out the proper crimes

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
i have seen audis mercs ranger rovers and bmw's with the cornering foglight all the time
bet the police never stop them
i cant complain i havnt been stopped for it
but i can understand the frustration

Feb 26, 2009
London
I got stopped once for nothing... absolutely nothing. When cop came to me he said '' you did some harsh cornering''... It was motorway :D I didn't even say nothing just smilled :) idiots...

autoimocion

To Switch of the cornering:

Key in ignition in position 0 than turn on the left indicator switch on the full beam, wait 3 seconds, turn the key on and wait few more seconds and should be deactivated!

Jun 24, 2007
durham
police are a joke no wonder they get a bad name , i got done for pressed plates fair enough but then he gave me a rant about sending me to prison for pretending i was german lol

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
lol so if you wer an ACTUAL german does that mean you will get sent to prison?
or is just the Impersonating a German thats a serious crime?

lol

stukillen

Jun 26, 2009
Glasgow
i like the fogs i find them good for country roads and especially in the current snow. i am the only person???

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
I can understand ppl not likeing them but ive found them a handy thing to have when turning into the road i live in to avoid the curbs etc (only had them a day but i like.....so far ;)

mr.Linatsa69

To Switch of the cornering:

Key in ignition in position 0 than turn on the left indicator switch on the full beam, wait 3 seconds, turn the key on and wait few more seconds and should be deactivated!

It didn't work to me! Maybe i done something wrong :confused:

Position 0 is "just the key inside" don't turn it
left indivator pushed forward

but nothing! :help:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
IMHO have you ever really needed these cornering function fogs with previous cars? When I get mine I want them off, if I can't see a corner then I shouldn't be driving hahahahahahahahaha

Feb 26, 2009
London
I took my fog light out as ithey didn't look great with the bodykit, to be honest though must say not all cops are bad... Once I went past a cop car, saw in the mirror he turned around and fallowed me, I thought danm he'll pull me over but I got to the light he pull next to me, got he's window down and said ''I like your car mate, what's that new Leon?'' :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members