got the p-flo fitted

betts

chasing horses
May 22, 2009
nottingham
I had the p-flo fitted last weekend and im left with mixed feelings, first of all after removing the intake from the packaging i was quite impressed with the quality of it and how easy it was to fit.
After fitting the kit my first impession was how good it sounded, now after having it on for a few days i dont know wether the sound on a day to day basis is going to become abit tiresome, even under the slightest load it really is quite loud but on the other hand when i went out for a sprinted drive it really does sound good( cant beat abit of wastegate chatter)its just when im out with the wife and kids i dont know wether its abit much, if anybody has an idea to quiet things down abit im keen to hear them.
Right on to how the car drives,the ecu should of adapted by now as ive done a few hundred mile since fitting,and what ive noticed is the car feels like its lost a little torque low down the revs but past 3000rpm it really does seem to pull with abit more urgency, as for power gains im sure ive gained a few bhp but how many i dont know.
So overall im quite happy with the kit does exactly what i expected maybee a little louder than expected but ohwell only time will tell if i decide to keep the kit on.

hubbly_bubbly

[center][img]http://i374.
Aug 18, 2008
Johannesburg, South Africa
I had the same issue with my EVOMS intake. Its fantastic for a weekend blast, making noise and have the wastegate chatter scare some pedestrians. For everyday commuting it did get a bit much. What I found un enjoyable was the drone from the cone filter at highway cruising speed. So I went and built a cone enclosure out of fibrelgass.

http://seat-sport.co.za/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=14&thread_id=7202

betts

chasing horses
May 22, 2009
nottingham
I had the same issue with my EVOMS intake. Its fantastic for a weekend blast, making noise and have the wastegate chatter scare some pedestrians. For everyday commuting it did get a bit much. What I found un enjoyable was the drone from the cone filter at highway cruising speed. So I went and built a cone enclosure out of fibrelgass.

http://seat-sport.co.za/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=14&thread_id=7202
Did you find it any quieter with the enclosure fitted?

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
that enclosure looks brilliant!

this is the only thing putting me off fitting a kit like this, as i hear nothing but bad reviews about the "drone"

simon54321

Feb 8, 2012
north yorkshire
You could try an electronice sound controler for it, you can get them from a company called 'Quality tuning', (just search on google as i cant post a URL), Iv ordered something from these guys before, and there good, dont know if you could retro fit something??

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
that enclosure looks brilliant!

this is the only thing putting me off fitting a kit like this, as i hear nothing but bad reviews about the "drone"

i have the p flow fitted and get no drone at all

yep i get loads of nice waste gate chatter which is nice ,
at first when i had it fitted i was like , how the hell can i live with this on my daily commute , but you find the sound quite addictive , you also learn to adapt your driving style , change gear a little early than normal and it keeps the noise to a minimum ;)

i wouldnt be without an induction kit now :)

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
one evening I'll film my car for you when in drive with the twintake on full blast...thats when you call it loud ha-ha. (according to my friend who has the ITG, its louder than his...)

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
As rob said with the p flo just got to drive it slightly different. It wo t really make noise until 2000 to 2500 rpm at which point it's only jus starting. If the cars only just started your probably shifting at this point anyway.

That said get on the open road and open it up louds good. Never really go above 4500 rpm and stereo at 11. Never hear it lol

betts

chasing horses
May 22, 2009
nottingham
one evening I'll film my car for you when in drive with the twintake on full blast...thats when you call it loud ha-ha. (according to my friend who has the ITG, its louder than his...)

I was always under the impression that the twintake was one of the quieter intakes

Miller 20vt

No longer a newbie
Sep 13, 2011
Hampshire
www.pijin.co.uk
i have the p flow fitted and get no drone at all

yep i get loads of nice waste gate chatter which is nice ,
at first when i had it fitted i was like , how the hell can i live with this on my daily commute , but you find the sound quite addictive , you also learn to adapt your driving style , change gear a little early than normal and it keeps the noise to a minimum ;)

i wouldnt be without an induction kit now :)

2nd that!! if ya drive it like my gran its fine :lol:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.