Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

Discussion in 'Readers Rides (SEAT)' started by grahams81, Dec 24, 2010.

1. csd_19

csd_19 Full Member

Jetex have a 100mm neck filter supposedly good for over 800bhp (ER-10003) :blink: £68.....

Measures in at a svelt 190 x 282mm :D

#661 csd_19, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. underpressure

underpressure Active Member

i will use the controller from crc-performance.com (i have not enough posts to post the link). If you need some help for translation let me know.

I think Boba (MK2 16VT) and 16Vampire (MK2 16VT) use the same controller.

3. poliq

poliq four-by-four fan

Then I'll just leave it with that!

Sounds more like it! Did you read up on them? They're not as pricey as well I guess? I could have used a piece like that my self! :)

Now this should be interresting. :D

4. seatcupramad23

seatcupramad23 kc4even23

5. Murdered LCR

Murdered LCR Wide mouthed mofo

How to ruin a carbon splitter paint it white

6. t0m

t0m LCR 225

:yes:

Exactly what I was thinking!

7. joehirth

joehirth Rate me up baby

Graham the filter was a Green Cotton one, made by Green Cotton :)

8. Leoncuprarfan

Leoncuprarfan Active Member

Graham you a legend for what your doing with your car I can only dream of having the skills you have sir. Massive respect

This car just gets better

9. ShizTheBiz

ShizTheBiz Active Member

cracking work pal should be a right animal. you had best lock your pets up when you start it or you may get minced cat insode your turbo when it gets sucked up by it!

one thing thats confused me is why did you replace the for rather then just bolting everything onto the exisiting one

have you ever considered a arc intercooler? they can handle the power you are after and a maffhugeass

keep up the top work :)

10. bendohhh

bendohhh Active Member

Are you meaning why did he replace the floor?

It's because the standard FWD leon floor wouldn't allow him to fit the necessary bits to make it 4WD.

11. grahams81

grahams81 Active Member

Mmmm svelt :D cheers bud will look into that.

Thanks i will look into it. :)

Thanks, and yeh the SQS ones are much cheaper :D

Yeh i did see it but after looking at the bumper clearance on Dans (murderedlcr) there wouldn't be room. i want it sitting nice and low and try and fill the monster front arches, thinking not as stretched tyres as Dans on the front would help.

Yep it mat aswell be made of plastic if you can't see the weave ;)

Cheers Joe, gonna look into it bud.

Thanks for the kind comments :D much appreciated.

Thanks, your right tho gonna have to keep the cats in the house for test fire.... the wife wouldn't be happy if i minced one of them up in the turbot.

what do you mean why did i replace the "for" i'm not following you :confused:

Thanks for that mate, exactly right :D

So i managed to sneak a few hours in the garage last night whilst the wife was out cutting hair..

Masked and sanded down some of the plastic filler i used near the ends of the bumper.
    I then gave it a liberal coating of plaggy filling primer -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The bumper will need flattening again but im gonna leave that to the body shop.

So hopefully sneak another couple of hours this week at some point.... trying not to rock the boat with the missus, been prepping the baby room. Going to mammas & papas on friday so i may be a good couple of grand lighter.
    Sorry to say this but the project may start slowing due to the impending young-un, gonna find it hard to find the money for major purchases.....

It will get done but it may be delayed :cry:

12. james.l

james.l GT3071r LCR

Sorry to hear about the delays graham, I'm sure once your mrs gives birth your child will become the most important thing in your life. My mrs wants to get pregnant soon too, but it does meen I can keep number 1 spot at badger5 for a while :D

13. grahams81

grahams81 Active Member

I'm not to worried about the build being delayed it was always gonna happen having a baby, i'm so over the moon about the impending arrival that no car would ever get me down.

I've been off all week to sort out our spare room and start turning it into a nursery.... Managed to get the room all cleared out, new carpet down and spent a couple of grand on baby related stuff.

Cos i've been such a good boy and not been in the garage the missus let me have today and tomorrow in the garage.......

So cracked on with getting the car ready bodywork wise and started off with the Supercopa rear wing.

So after much deliberating i decided that running a perspex rear window on a majority road car would be torture, too noisy and rattley.
    So i decided to run the spoiler mount through the metal part of the boot, the only thing would be the wing will sit a couple of inches further back....

I started by measuring everything and marking the boot where the slots for the spoiler mount would come through -

[​IMG]

Decided to cut the slots with a small angle grinder with a cutting disc in -

[​IMG]

I then ran a drill down to cut the second skin on the inside, i then chain drilled it out and also gave it a buzz with the grinder again.

Because the upper mounting points of the spoiler mount were nowhere near i carefully cut the mount and removed the horizontal support - i will reweld it once i know the position is correct and I'm happy with the height / angle of the mount.

Here's a picky of it just dropped into place -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Because the angle had changed i had to cut and bend the lower mounting points so the angle was correct to the mounting point on the boot, again once finalised i will reweld.
    Here's the mount in place on the inside -

[​IMG]

By this point i was itching to see what it was gonna look like with the spoiler on but i didn't have the top brackets for the wing, so good old fashioned cable ties were used to hold it on to get some pics -

Looking a bit wonky but you get the gist -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One from the inside -

[​IMG]

Break for pictures........

14. grahams81

grahams81 Active Member

I then decided to remove the facelift rear spoiler as i want the Supercopa rear spoiler to be functional so i wanted to fit the cover to the top of the rear screen.

As the top spoiler cover is designed to be used with a perspex screen it has captive screws along the lower edge to join to the window.

I tried the top spoiler on but these captive screws were in the way.... so out came the angle grinder and cut them off till they heated the glue up and popped off -

Screws in question (one has white glue all over it), you can also see the carbon weave on the back of it :p

[​IMG]

Screwed it down on the boot -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well I'm over the moon with how it looks, i know it won't be everyones cuppa tea but i think it'll look great with the front wings and some motorsport stye wheels.

What do you guys reckon ?

#674 grahams81, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  15. samussamus1

Ahhhhhhhhhh i'd rather have no downforce!

16. Murdered LCR

Murdered LCR Wide mouthed mofo

Wtf ? Thought it goes through the Perspex window , glad I didnt get one don't like it lol

17. grahams81

grahams81 Active Member

It's suppose to come though the window, just thought living with a perspex rear screen would be hard.
    Gonna try and adjust the angle a bit towards the car so it's more above the screen rather than behind, more like the original race cars.

18. m0rk

m0rk sarcasm comes free
    Site Owner

Nicely done. I'd forgotten the roof spoiler wasn't open like the road cars.

Nice improvisation as well to avoid the perspex

19. MarkWales

I like a lot - Agree with m0rk on the improvising!!!

with the top spoiler - mine supercopa has one

[​IMG]

#679 MarkWales, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  20. Gooner_Mike

Gooner_Mike Teaching the kids

Respect for the effort/workmanship going into this project! Spoiler not my cup of tea though TBH.