Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
personal matt black could look fantastic, if wheels where gloss black and few touches og gloss black here and ther , like on the wing mirrors and that rear spoiler

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
I know its a golf but the colour works

408704_334919959865556_269132949777591_1187999_371429827_n.jpg

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
I wanted mine Matt black because I was going down the route of murdering it body shop said no tho lol and now glad mines been painted black as the shine I get off mine once waxed is like a mirror , I think it will only work if you keep all the car /wheels black or a dark colour

Yeh Dan, i've heard from loads of people that body shops have refused to paint matt finishes. I'd be happy with yours too mate :D looks awesome, the only reason I'm thinking of it cos i don't think the original blue will pull off the theme correctly and of course i can buy a couple of litres of matt black paint and aside for my labour which is free it'll be the cheapest option.

I'd love to see one in Matt black go for it it will be diffrent

Yeh - different is good..

Matt black will look awesome, I say go for it :)

That bike looks great too, I've always had a soft spot for VFR Hondas.

Cheers mate, there good bikes..... although it's probably only been riden twice since i finished it a couple of years ago.

could you not go for a matt colour rather than it being matt black as much as i think matt black would be cool a matt colour would make it look that bit better could be wrong though the colour its in currently is well nice.

I could go for a matt colour, but it gets complicated mixing flattening agents etc. I've found a lechler (manufacturer of paint - i've used it before on the honda) Rally black flat black paint. It's designed to be a external covering so has decent protection against the elements.

I've seen matte black cars about, including a Bentley Continental GT :blink: and I've got to be honest I think they look awful!

I'd like to see you do it in Repsol Orange :lol:

I've also seen a Bentley in Matt black, i thought it looked good but i wouldn't have done that to a car of that nature... and it's a big no to the orange, although i wouldn't loose it in a car park :rofl:

personal matt black could look fantastic, if wheels where gloss black and few touches og gloss black here and ther , like on the wing mirrors and that rear spoiler

Yeh your probably right Pete, touches of gloss may look good....

Although really like these wheels in Matt black -
med_Force%2018105%205114%20ET20%20Flat%20Black-425x425.jpg

or these -
torque_drift_gunmetal-425x425.jpg

or Dans ones are probably the best tho.....
grid_drift_flatblack-425x425.jpg

I know its a golf but the colour works

408704_334919959865556_269132949777591_1187999_371429827_n.jpg

Ohhh yes now this is what I'm thinking of - good find Mark :1st:
Looks sweet as.... thats it I'm going to the paint shop tomorrow to see if i can get some matt black and some primer.

Pov spec rotas lol

Are those just the Rota Grids then Dan ? and not the drifts ???
What ever i go for i need them to be massively concave like yours, thats what I'm really after.

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Small Update .....

Spent a couple of hours outside on the car today, i sanded down the a-pillar where i banged it taking out my roll cage ages ago :cry: -

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

Mixed some filler up, and filled it up -

IMG_0175.jpg

While i was waiting for the filler to dry i wire brushed and primed the inner rear wheel arch (that was the last job on the metalwork to do after the 4wd conversion)
So gave it a lick of etching primer and then used some seam sealer to cover up the welds.... then gave it a lick of satin black.

After that i decided to sand the paint around the hole in the roof where the old handsfree ariel was..... i got a bit carried away with my new sander after that and flattened off that side of the car -

IMG_0176.jpg

Took the photo half way through sanding... after the photo i then took the door handles off and sanded the rest of the doors. so the car is flattened on one side.......... bring on the Matt black :D:D:D:D

Last edited:

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
With out a doubt the blue would not pull this off I think go for matt black

If Also like these Rotas in bronze
http://www.rarerims.co.uk/wheelshop_products.asp?productid=37&rangeid=2&product=GKR

Out of the ones ou put up I love the top set and obv the Botom lol

Ahh great minds think alike..... so the blue is now shelved, you've all talked me into it the black.... oh how I'm so easily led :D

I like those wheels in the link Dan, they remind me of a compomotive wheel that was around in the 90's they had a ring around the spokes and looked very motorsporty....

I'll give it a think.

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Haha as long as its painted nice it will look spot on rattle can looks **** and patchy lol ,although I know yours will not look **** at all , I was toying with those wheels as well but have all ways said I will have grids as love them , I wont mind if you get the same tho :)

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
defo matt black for me with the bottom of the rota's will look evil and stealth

Cool its a done deal, gone have a trip down to John Davey's in Darlington and see how much the Lechler's Rally Matt Paints gone be. :D

Haha crackers! Go with some compo mo's wheelwise :D

Hhmmm always had a soft spot for Mo's......

The Rota Torque drift in bronze looks amazing.

Ohh yes, loving the Torques... :)

If you're going darker why are you taking the paint all the way down ?! Scotchbrite and G-matte would of sufficed to key up the paint surely? Nutter!! :lol:

Just flattening / matt'ing the paint down to give the primer something to key to. I'm not sanding it right down....... i'll use some scotch bright on the hard to get to places :)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Please do not put rota's on this, there are millions of cool and wide wheels (with the right offset).

Rota's are literally what every person is shoving on their car at the moment, like the cool new word like "swagger" and all that crap ;)

I really like this car, Rota's will ruin it...that's my 2p lol

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
You mean every vw , Leon's there aren't many infact I think only I have hence me doing it they don't fit in the standard arches

Graham ideally you want et 15 fronts et 38 rear that's 9.5j tho

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Please do not put rota's on this, there are millions of cool and wide wheels (with the right offset).

Rota's are literally what every person is shoving on their car at the moment, like the cool new word like "swagger" and all that crap ;)

I really like this car, Rota's will ruin it...that's my 2p lol

:lol: Not loving the Rota's eh..... but they look so good, maybe everyone's going with them atm cos they have some great designs and are reasonably priced.

There's still not many on this forum.

So i took a trip down to my local body shop supplies John Davey's in Darlington.

I've ordered the Rally Black Matt Black paint and all the hardener / thinners / primer...

So hopefully get finished with the prep next week end and start the painting the weekend after :D

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
You mean every vw , Leon's there aren't many infact I think only I have hence me doing it they don't fit in the standard arches

Cheers Dan, i'm thinking of just running 9's but i'll need to check the rear as my suspension is now totally different due to the 4wd independent rear end.
I best check before i order any.... thinking that running slightly narrower 9's with slightly less stretch on the tyres.

Do you get much rubbing on the rear with your set-up ?

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham

VW, Jap, even some chavs are running them.

Don't get me wrong, they can look good, and agree they are decently priced, and suit your car, don't think it will suit Grahams.

Also SEATS normally tend to go down a certain route on this forum, if you look else where, might be many many sets around, might just not log onto SCN ;)

:lol: Not loving the Rota's eh..... but they look so good, maybe everyone's going with them atm cos they have some great designs and are reasonably priced.

There's still not many on this forum.

So i took a trip down to my local body shop supplies John Davey's in Darlington.

I've ordered the Rally Black Matt Black paint and all the hardener / thinners / primer...

So hopefully get finished with the prep next week end and start the painting the weekend after :D

Not the biggest fan, seeing as they are just mainly copies of Work and Rays Wheels (TE37's, Work CR-KAI's etc).

What is the wheelbase of your car Graham, as "Murdered_LCR" (sorry don't know your name) is saying to have a lower offset on the front, but yours is 4wd, so wouldn't it be better for you to have a more squared off even offset, surely you would be able to accommodate the ET15 9.5J's all round?

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
VW, Jap, even some chavs are running them.

Don't get me wrong, they can look good, and agree they are decently priced, and suit your car, don't think it will suit Grahams.

Also SEATS normally tend to go down a certain route on this forum, if you look else where, might be many many sets around, might just not log onto SCN ;)

Not the biggest fan, seeing as they are just mainly copies of Work and Rays Wheels (TE37's, Work CR-KAI's etc).

What is the wheelbase of your car Graham, as "Murdered_LCR" (sorry don't know your name) is saying to have a lower offset on the front, but yours is 4wd, so wouldn't it be better for you to have a more squared off even offset, surely you would be able to accommodate the ET15 9.5J's all round?

Not too sure of the wheelbase, i'm thinking you mean the width - track.
Up front it'll be the same as a standard LCR once i fit the front hubs / wishbones.... although i got a message from a guy on edition 38 who run a race toledo so i've asked him for prices for hubs / door cards / front brakes / callipers and lightweight doors :D

Need to have a research on the rear track width on a s3 / TT and compare it to an LCR.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.