Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

Dec 19, 2006
Fuel flap can be popped open by getting your fingers in behind it and popping it open gently mine packed up for a while so that's what I had to do. Cars coming along nicely ;-)

Leon2012

Jan 24, 2012
Rear spoiler and fins don't look good,

What are you creating? A decent car or one of those drawings you did at Junior school when it was raining outside?

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire

What are you creating? A decent car or one of those drawings you did at Junior school when it was raining outside?

So many top designs and innovations came about when people doodled while it was raining, Graham you are a genius keep up the top, inspiring work.:lol:

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Coming together now Graham loving this thread :)

Cheers bud :D

ref to the petrol cap issue in the boot where the petrol flap would be is the popper, think its 2 screws and the popper will come out and open the flap. My old man had to take mine out as it packed up....still need to get another one :whistle:

Thanks for the tip mate, i'll have a ganders this weekend.

I fitted some 034 Motorsport ones to mine, think they were 70% stiffer than stock - the degree of flexibility removed from the strut was NOTICEABLE :) Ride wasn't that much harsher but the steering felt a lot sharper.

Sounds good, might purchase some of the rose joints for the wishbones as well :)

Fuel flap can be popped open by getting your fingers in behind it and popping it open gently mine packed up for a while so that's what I had to do. Cars coming along nicely ;-)

Thanks for the advice Adam, gonna have a look on Saturday and get cracking on again.

BTW P*ss poor analogy - my junior school must of been quite posh, the art class had a roof to stop the rain coming in..... :w4nk:

Seriously?

its a custom 700bhp 4wd leon.. its there for a reason

dont ya just love a hater...

That quote back has just made my evening :lol:

Cheers for the back-up Guys :clap:

:clap:

Love what your doing to this Graham, cant wait to see it finished. I hope your going to be giving people rides at VagCars meets;)

Cheers mate, yeh no probs - better fill the car up that day :D

So many top designs and innovations came about when people doodled while it was raining, Graham you are a genius keep up the top, inspiring work.:lol:

Thanks Phil :)

Leon2012

Jan 24, 2012
Leon2012 said:

grahams81 said:
BTW P*ss poor analogy - my junior school must of been quite posh, the art class had a roof to stop the rain coming in.....

What are you on about? When it rained outside at my local Junior school (and I'm not much older than you), everyone had to stay inside at lunchtime or break, and most people drew pictures.
**edited for posterity**

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
What are you on about? When it rained outside at my local Junior school (and I'm not much older than you), everyone had to stay inside at lunchtime or break, and most people drew pictures.
**edited for posterity**

Dude, realise when its time to **** off, as in NOW!!
Your presents are not welcome here :rolleyes:

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
awesome project here graham love how this is coming along id love a garage at the side of my house but sadly that's out of my hands haha,

with regards to your paint i think matt black is a good choice looks so stealth and with the right wheels will pull it off a treat i am a panel beater myself and i have my ibiza cupra that i have pulled the arches right out with an arch roller and as i rolled them a bit too much they parted the skins so i cut a little off the inner and welded it further up allowing the car to run lower and wider like this
DSCN0558.jpg

DSCN0551.jpg

im running very low offset grids on mine 8x16 et10 and without the arch work would never fit something that you may be able to pull off on yours to match the front wings?

i know its not the same car but thought it may be something that may of helped haha

ShizTheBiz

Oct 25, 2010
Grimsby/Cleethorpes
its looking good :)
however i cant help but notice you chose matt black

not my frav colour in the world but hey ho im sure itll give the look that your after :)

still going for the touring car look?

Last edited:

ShizTheBiz

Oct 25, 2010
Grimsby/Cleethorpes
awesome project here graham love how this is coming along id love a garage at the side of my house but sadly that's out of my hands haha,

with regards to your paint i think matt black is a good choice looks so stealth and with the right wheels will pull it off a treat i am a panel beater myself and i have my ibiza cupra that i have pulled the arches right out with an arch roller and as i rolled them a bit too much they parted the skins so i cut a little off the inner and welded it further up allowing the car to run lower and wider like this
DSCN0558.jpg

DSCN0551.jpg

im running very low offset grids on mine 8x16 et10 and without the arch work would never fit something that you may be able to pull off on yours to match the front wings?

i know its not the same car but thought it may be something that may of helped haha

looks smart that
giot a finished product pic?

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
EPIC build dude!!!

Finally someone doing something a different with an Leon! Good luck with the rest and keep up the good work fella [B)]

Last edited:

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Dude, realise when its time to **** off, as in NOW!!
Your presents are not welcome here :rolleyes:

Just what i was thinking Willie, you saved me even commenting ;)

Thanks Gaz, i've been looking into flaring / pulling the rear arches quite a bit. I would like to retain the original style edge and shape to the arch but more flared to match the fronts.....
Thinking cut just above arch and pull it out buy a couple of inches and then make a panel up and weld it back into place.
Im still not convinced whether its a good idea or not.... It'll delay the painting quite a bit.

its looking good :)
however i cant help but notice you chose matt black

not my frav colour in the world but hey ho im sure itll give the look that your after :)

still going for the touring car look?

Thanks, yeh wanting a motorsport theme. Stealthy :D

EPIC build dude!!!

Finally someone doing something a different with an Leon! Good luck with the rest and keep up the good work fella [B)]

Thanks for the kind words mate :D

:)

gotta love keyboard warriors tho!

Back to topic, im pretty amazed! :1st:

Willie said what everyone else was thinking.... And saved me the job so for that i'm grateful.
And thanks for the comment.

i'm just gonna suggest a glass plug from Gecleant.De to go under that rear spoiler! ;-)

Cheers mate, i'll have to have a look into them. Sounds good though :D

Tiny Update -

Been working loads lately and haven't had many days off on the weekends so progress has been rarther sluggish.
I managed to get to the paint shop on Friday and pick up my paint -

c64f4643.jpg

4cb5cafd.jpg

So got everything i need -

3 litres of Rally Matt Black Topcoat,
1 Litre of High build Stopper Primer,
2 Litres of Speedy Thinners,
1.5 litres of Speedy Hardener,
5 litres of Pre Panel wipe,
Not shown -
3M disposable Mask, my Gerson one had past its sell by date.
Box of tack wipes,
Rolls of masking tape,
Paint hand cleaner,
Spray Gun cleaning kit,
6 Big rolls of paper towel,

I did a couple of hours on the car yesterday, i was roughing the door shuts etc, getting into all the nucks & crannies. Removed the door mounting stuff too.
The glue that held on the factory sill protectors was a complete PITA, took ages to remove even with solvents.

So thanks to the guys that give me tip on how to get the filler cap open, i got it open quite easily and removed it so i could get in to rough the paint up.

f37a82b0.jpg

So the drivers side is pretty much finished being sanded / flattened / roughed up.
Just got to do the boot / boot shut and the other side then i can start priming :thumbup:

I will be pulling the motor out again later to paint the engine bay, but i'll do it once i've got the car water tight and back on axle stands on the drive.

Well I'm off to Germany for a couple of weeks today so i will update again when i finally get a chance to do some graft on the paint.
See yall....

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.