green liquid in boot

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
hi there.....ive been reading on here a lot about the rear wiper pipe pooping off and leaking in the boot.

this morning, just as i got to work (having been to kings' seat not 10 mins before lol) i found green liquid dripping of the boot trim. does this sound like the rear wiper pipe has come off? and is it easy to fix?? i presume its just a case of taking the boot trim off and re-attatching the pipe?

cheers.

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
haha - thanks for the ultra fast reply!!! i did have that thought...it certainly smells/tastes/feels like washer fluid...but since ive only had the car a week, i have no idea if its green or not! i will have to check when i leave work.....presuming it is, is the rear wiper problem something a mechanical retard (like myself) could do??

Signor Whippy

Mar 16, 2009
God's Country
haha - thanks for the ultra fast reply!!! i did have that thought...it certainly smells/tastes/feels like washer fluid...but since ive only had the car a week, i have no idea if its green or not! i will have to check when i leave work.....presuming it is, is the rear wiper problem something a mechanical retard (like myself) could do??

How did it taste then?! any good?! :p at least you know that somebody hasn't taken a slash in your boot :D

I would imagine it is your rear wiper pipe, I think there is a fix thread somewhere.

Try this http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=212074&highlight=rear+washer

Is your car under warranty?

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
haha - it just tastes like soap!! (im a chemist by proffession, so i thought it'd be fine to taste! wouldn't have if it wasnt green though! lol)

cheers for the swift replies too.

i presume not with seat, as its an 04 plate, but the garage i got it from has given me 6 months warranty.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
haha - it just tastes like soap!! (im a chemist by proffession, so i thought it'd be fine to taste! wouldn't have if it wasnt green though! lol)

cheers for the swift replies too.

i presume not with seat, as its an 04 plate, but the garage i got it from has given me 6 months warranty.

take it back to them as its a git to get the oot trim off with out breaking it. hey its what the warranty is there for ;)

littleripa

I know this is well trodden ground on this site but my rear washer pipe is connected good and tight yet it sprays out liquid at pressure from where the right angle platic part enters the wiper motor housing/mechanism.

It doesn't look like this plastic right angle connector can be removed from the motor housing and replaced. Anyone else had this? Any ideas on cost of a complete wiper assembly *gulp* :cry:

I have some photos if my description is unclear... do I need to host them externally and then link from this site or can I embed them in a post?

littleripa

Ok after reading the FAQ section :rolleyes: I have uploaded a pic to photobucket so you can see what I am on about... will add a few more.

http://s607.photobucket.com/albums/tt154/littleripa/?action=view&current=08042009091a.jpg

Thing is that the washer jet is under pretty high pressure so its actually quite hard to tell where its all squirting from. My guess is the parts arrowed because its very directional (i.e. with the boot trim off the jet hits the back seats and these holes are facing the back seats!!!)

Did I mention my warranty ran out 2 weeks ago :censored:

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
himm mine dint have that clip on it so i tieraped mine on :) but broke the boot trim on the inside :( dont matter you cart see it :)

littleripa

Going to take the car to Seat dealer either today or on Saturday and show them the new fountain water feature I have in my boot... see what they make of it :think: I put £10 on the answer from them being "book the car in the workshop with us and we will take a look for you" ... erm... NO

Still interested to hear from anyone already had this issue I know you must be out there :)

littleripa

Well the final word from the Seat garage is if it leaks from inside the clip, as I arrowed on the photobucket link, then its officially broke!! £150 for the wiper motor assembly £220 if I want it fitted. Great, can't think of anything Id rather spend £150 on :cry:

P!ss take is it went in the garage to get this sorted whilst in warranty and I guess it wasn't fixed... now its out of warranty. So Im going to get friendly with the silicon sealant first. :headhurt:

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
I know this is well trodden ground on this site but my rear washer pipe is connected good and tight yet it sprays out liquid at pressure from where the right angle platic part enters the wiper motor housing/mechanism.

It doesn't look like this plastic right angle connector can be removed from the motor housing and replaced. Anyone else had this? Any ideas on cost of a complete wiper assembly *gulp* :cry:

I have some photos if my description is unclear... do I need to host them externally and then link from this site or can I embed them in a post?

took the trim off yesterday, with a bit of help from me dad, and i have the exact same problem!! where did you get a quote for a replacement?

has anyone done a DIY fitting of a rear wiper motor, my dad is in the trade so i can get a motor at trade price, would just need to fit it!

littleripa

That quote was from my local Seat garage. The dealer told me that fitting the motor assembly is easy (3 screws?) but getting the rear wiper arm off the spline can be a nightmare and they even mentioned using a special tool, can't comment on that.

Let me know how you get on. My unit is coated in plumbing silicon, have yet to try it to see if its worked... not getting my hopes up.

I noticed that this type of leak fault started when the rear wiper spray began turning with the wiper arm rather that squirting in one set direction, thought it was weird it started doing that.

leonbeastmk1

Cheaper option is to remove the wiper and put a grommit in it lol, smooth the back end abit lol. They cant be a gd seat dealership if have to charge more time just to get the wiper arm of. I tell you as an actual fact or from a person who has removed hundreds of these, its so easy to take the wiper arm off lol. I usaullly flip the arm away from the screen and swing it up n down ( with the nut removed lol) and it just pops out, easy lol :)

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
righteo! update is that im going to have to get a new motor, and my dad has got it trade price for £87 + VAT, so ill be waiting to get paid again and then i shall order one....

Thanks for all the help!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.