green panel filter and pd 160 intake

Dec 16, 2007
Gloucester/Cheltenham
went to my local seat dealership today... gave them the part numbers..

50quid and 15 quid for each part... that cannot be right :S its a peice of plastic for christ sake?

anywhere else i could purchase one from? i did the same job on my astra g cost me less than 20quid for both parts!

http://www.seatnewsouthgate.co.uk/

ordered both parts - 22 pounds and 13 pounds before VAT plus postage = bargain :D

Last edited:

CupraJimbo

Nov 30, 2007
Sorry all but i've read this from start to finish and am a little confused! I'm new to the 20v Turbo game so exactly what do I need to do to free up the intake on my Ibiza Cupra (180bhp model)

scooby slayer

Aug 24, 2005
wakefield
just done the pd160 intake mod and panel filter and cut the little flap out but to be honest i haven't really noticed a difference, i know there is a difference in the actual sizes for airflow but im thinking i wont benefit until the exhaust decat and remap go on, or maybe it is quicker i dont know

Dec 16, 2007
Gloucester/Cheltenham
just done the pd160 intake mod and panel filter and cut the little flap out but to be honest i haven't really noticed a difference, i know there is a difference in the actual sizes for airflow but im thinking i wont benefit until the exhaust decat and remap go on, or maybe it is quicker i dont know

If there is a difference it will probably be so small you wont notice it, however mix this mod with exhaust and remap like you said and it 'should' help you see more bhp.

the adress

JUst range seat they want 10 quid for the pipe and 51 quid thats right 51 quid for the adapter they said they had had a call from above cos of the demand to stick the price up

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
I ended up payin £76 for the 2 inclusive of delivery & VAT...couldn't find it cheaper anywhere, none on ebay either :(

Having read many posts I've found that the parts I received don't have the flap people were talking about removing...everything is smoothed out, have they dont this on purpose or did they send me the wrong parts? The parts look good to me, but yet to measure up against the current one I have.

Yella Beeza

Now which way?
Jun 4, 2007
Edinburgh
:confused: The flap isn't in either of the two parts you are talking about. It's the plastic piece which is already attached to the front panel, which one of the pipes fits onto.

If I remember rightly, this is removed from the front panel by taking off the two screws with a screwdriver. This is where the flap is. It will be obvious when you take it off and look inside.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
:confused: The flap isn't in either of the two parts you are talking about. It's the plastic piece which is already attached to the front panel, which one of the pipes fits onto.

If I remember rightly, this is removed from the front panel by taking off the two screws with a screwdriver. This is where the flap is. It will be obvious when you take it off and look inside.

that could be why then :redface: ...if the flap is on the part which is already attached to the grill then i haven't seen that yet :doh:

gus

Jun 27, 2006
Im Sorry If I Sound Stupid But This Mod Is It For The Petrol Or Desel Ibiza Or Both Would It Fit In My 52plate Ibiza 130 Tdi????

gus

Jun 27, 2006
if anyone got pics of what they have done to there 130pd air box it would be brilliant please

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.