green panel filter and pd 160 intake

gazjones

shouldnt be a problem as the ibiza is the car the intake is designed for, the pd 130 and 160 is basically the same engine so the recesses in the intake pipe are designed for the ibiza engine pipework unlike the fabia. if people get problems with it that link will help them alot though good find

gazjones

probably seen the recent increase in demand and though "we can make bit more money out of this" :lol:

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
Hmmm, does mine feel slower? It may have more top end, it seems smoother, less initial kick?

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
waiting on prices for the hose and adaptor - i need both of these?

the seat guy had never heard of the green filter, is this a seat part or where can i get it from nowadays?

cheers

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
shall i remove my quote in the interest of fair competition?

actually they are going to tell me p&p tomorrow

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
fitted it today. onl;y driven back from work not noticed anything major yet. filter comes tomorrow i hope

i can confirm...

there are 3 parts.

1) the inlet part with the flap (vw quoted as £2.40 for replacement)
2) the hose inlet mount (£15)
3) the pd160 (£15)

go figure on those prices, supply and demand. they use exactly the same amount of plastic.

i've cut off half of the flap initially to see what happens.

between 1) and 2) there is a 1cm gap along the length of the lower edge, for water draining? or could be to squirt some cold air into the rest of the engine, or deflect debris. i will try temporarily blocking most of this up and see what happens

if i remove all the flap i will be checking the bottom of the MAF box regularly for dead flies!

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2007
pd160 intake and front mount

ive got a 1.4tdi pd 80ps engine, and am intrested in puttin the hose and adapter off the cupra on. the current hose and front mount looks the same as the 1.9tdi 100ps so wud i be able to do this mod on myn, and if so what are the part numbers?

any help apreciated.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members