green panel filter and pd 160 intake

Apr 1, 2007
1.4tdi

update on progress

fitted the adapter and hose to a 1.4tdi today, sucessful and no physical modifications to parts needed. even without a panel filter its made a change in the driving characteristics. reccomened it to anyone.

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
i have to say i think the 160 and the green HAS made a difference...but it's put me roughly where i was before, maybe slightly better, cos i changed from 15" rims to whacking great 17" :rolleyes:

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
when the PD160 air intake is fitted, make sure that the hoses to the left of the air intake hose sit clear.
i only notice by chance that there has been a little bit of friction rubbing causing a worn patch on a hose!
acable tie later and all is good!

s3tony

Jun 10, 2007
nr newark
i think its upto £45 now, ive managed to get them to reduce it to £35 which they say is cost price apparantly, its been ordered just have to pick it up when i get a chance....

mattcogg1981

Dec 21, 2006
Burnham on sea, Somerset
Just rang dealers in Yeovil and they would charge me £40 quid all in! What the hell is going on? Cannot believe Holders would be so sneaky and add on money. Guy on phone stated that the price above is RRP but the dealers can decide what to charge!!! What a joke!

On my way to Holders to give them a piece of my mind!

Yella Beeza

Now which way?
Jun 4, 2007
Edinburgh
Think I might have been the one to start the ball rolling with the £60 + VAT lark. Got a secondhand one anyway - but just shows if you shop around, even the parts can be cheaper!

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
when you have the tube and the tube intake adaptor removed, you can easily see where it is on the FIRST section of the plastic, which is closest to the front of the car

Yella Beeza

Now which way?
Jun 4, 2007
Edinburgh
The intake pipe comes in two bits which join together. The widest bit attaches to the adapter, which is screwed on to the front panel.

Undo the two screws, and remove the adapter. Inside the adapter you will see the flap, which half blocks the intake (there to stop water intake supposedly). Remove flap with dremel, Stanley knife, junior hacksaw. etc

scooby slayer

Aug 24, 2005
wakefield
oh ok i get you, well on the day it arrives think im changing to this instantly and green panel, ive asked bird for a decat for xmas and miltek cat back non resonant oval, so al have to see if she will buy me them hopefully they wont void the warranty, not getting a remap till next year when i get it to allards

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.