Grilles

Deleted member 11127

JUSt a quick one... does any one know how hard or easy it is to replace the standard front grilles on a S and fit a new cupra honeycomb grille in??

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
do u mean upper or lower grills , cupra doesnt have upper honeycomb grills , it has slotted ones in a different colour , as for lower honeycomb grill , surely u mean FR grills as the cupra one wont fit without the bumper , FR has honeycomb upper grills too

Triple D

There farley easy to do, the lower ones are easy, pull the two fog lamp covers off and then you'll need a flat head screwdriver to just prise the clips out. The top ones are a bit more fiddley, same as the middle one on the lower grills, screwdriver ad just prise the two side ones out and then i think the middle one with the seat badge in should just pop out the i thik.

Deleted member 11127

Yeh sorry ment the Fr grilles. Just for the side of the S and the lower ones. I dont have the fog lights in at the mo so how would i reach the clips that u sed would be behind them?

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
chazly123 said:
Yeh sorry ment the Fr grilles. Just for the side of the S and the lower ones. I dont have the fog lights in at the mo so how would i reach the clips that u sed would be behind them?

bumper off jobor it least loosen off the top part.

Triple D

chazly123 said:
Yeah, just thought, on the Fr ones you have slats at the side of the fog lights so you just pull at them and out they come. When i took my old ones off the sx i had i just ripped them out quite agressively and wrecked them. You slide the screwdriver underneith the grill and just lift it slightly and pull at the same time, or you can do what Ant said and take the bumper off. When people said that to me i was a bit confused and didnt know how to do it, but when i fitted my FMIC i had to take it off and was surprised how easy it was, about 20 small hex bolts(5 or 6 in each wheel arch, 6 under the bumper at the front, 4 on top as you open the bonnet) and off they come.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.