GT1752 Hybrid. Maximum b.power with supporting mods. Including fast road cam.

mikedothutch

May 25, 2018
Ok, so I bought an Ibiza TDI pd100 sport as a run about.

Soon things got a bit out of hand though and I've got a massive pile of bits going on it. It's a GT1756 hybrid turbo. Front mount intercooler, full decat, S1000 air filter, custom inlet manifold and a Piper fast road cam.

I was hoping for 250bhp+ but I'm not sure I've got the right turbo really.

Any help? I'm a newbie to TDI tuning having spent thousands on Subaru's.

Last edited:

Ashveer03

Dec 16, 2018
U not gonna have enough fueling for 250hp with stock PD100 injectors

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

mikedothutch

May 25, 2018
Thanks, I thought that was the case. If I go for uprated injectors from darkside, will I hit that sort of figure with the turbo I have?

Ashveer03

Dec 16, 2018
If u get bigger injectors then the turbo will be the limiting factor.

In my country, a Gtb1756 with a std cam and Pd130 injectors pushes out +-180kw.

Whats the specs of ur turbo?

Ashveer03

Dec 16, 2018
So we'll that's basically a stock turbo frame with a 56mm wheel..

I personally didn't try that particular turbo setup before, but I honestly think that it's not gonna be good enough.

mikedothutch

May 25, 2018
Hmm, this is what happens when you buy stuff and then change your mind later on about what you're trying to achieve.

Ashveer03

Dec 16, 2018
Yep, happens to everybody buddy.. Also, power is addictive, we tend to get greedy lol

I say sell the turbo u have and look for a Gtb2260. That will meet ur expectations, will actually give u more power than u want. They abit pricey but worth every cent

Ashveer03

Dec 16, 2018
With a gtb2260, darkside Injectors and a race cam u will Definitely pass 300hp with ease

My tuner here gets 300hp with just the turbo and fmic, std Injectors and std cam, no nos.
The car is a daily runner with no issues.

All depends on the guy behind the pc lol

mikedothutch

May 25, 2018
You know what, I think I'll just stick with what I have, get it all together and see what it makes. The main thing is, it's not the injectors holding things up.

That turbo looks like it could work for nice little Golf 4motion project though...

Ashveer03

Dec 16, 2018
Yeah try it out..

From my experience, on PD100 engines with "AG" injectors which are 425cc if I'm not mistaken, and a Pd130 turbo (Bv39b) the injectors max out at about 130kw.

Ashveer03

Dec 16, 2018
Yeah buddy. Try it out then u know what's going on.

I heard of instances where the compressor wheel is too big for the frame size of the turbo, u get boost creep.

Even though the ARL turbo is a gt17, that frame is smaller than a GTB17. And a 56mm compressor wheel might be a little big for it.

I guess there's only 1 way to find out unless somebody else has already paid the school fees.
Have a look at the tdi forums I'm sure somebody has tried that setup already.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.