gt3071r @1.7 bar made 400bhp

str8ballin

Feb 27, 2007
Quick update guys,
Well the block is getting re-honed, new piston rings, new guides etc etc.. the guy who done it before was totally incompetant, put in the right parts but not the right way!

I have THS rods so going for Pauter now and the girdle to keep things secure down there!

I have managed to get a n/a cam from a 97 a4 1.8 20v (£45!) so will be good to see the difference... if any!

Also ordered a sigma short shifter and N2MB WOT box with 2 step... I cant afford racelogic.

And for turbo im getting owens gt3076r but with 0.63a/r, my 3071r was not in good shape anyway, the blades suffered bad contamination.. stupid HKS filter, and there was not side to side play but back to front - if you are holding both wheels with your hand... so got a quote and it was £650 + vat!! I'd rather scrap it!

Hoping everything will be here and running in 2 weeks, back to mapping, then to a DD dyno to see the gains and hope they were worth it!

20vpolo

57 Leon FR TDI
Sep 2, 2008
I have just installed a wot box, havent had a chance to test it yet but I am racing at York raceway on easter sun/mon so will get to use it in anger than.

str8ballin

Feb 27, 2007
You'll love the wot box, i have it on my car and its awesome.

Good luck with the rebuild, hope it goes well. :D

Hope things go well for you mate,you deserve it.

Cheers guys I feel like I deserve it too!

But I must say the only reason i;ve got this far with my car is because of you SCN forum members and all the replies and opinions you have all given me...
Very much appreciated :)

20vpolo

57 Leon FR TDI
Sep 2, 2008
easy to do?

Yeah pretty simple, just 2 wire to join into the ignition leads, 1 wire to connect to a injector, 1 for the TPS and 1 for a clutch switch. You will have cruise control so its easy I had to make a clutch switch which took a bit of time.

You could easily do it in a couple of hours.

str8ballin

Feb 27, 2007
hmmm.. I just ordered the 76r with 0.82 backhousing!
Is that a bad idea considering my rev limit will be 7300?

I went for it because owens say that for some reason with the 1.8t's it doesnt lose much low down if you go for 0.82 over the 0.63.. i hope thats the case!

I still have today to change my mind so please tell me anyone if you think I should get the 0.63 housing instead..

Thanks!

20vpolo

57 Leon FR TDI
Sep 2, 2008
this is what they told me and as per my email to you I dont find that there is much more lag than my old turbo.

You know what its like you soon get used to the extra power and if I had gone for the .63 housing I would have wished I had gone for the .82.

Why 7300 rpm limit ?

Last edited:

str8ballin

Feb 27, 2007
this is what they told me and as per my email to you I dont find that there is much more lag than my old turbo.

You know what its like you soon get used to the extra power and if I had gone for the .63 housing I would have wished I had gone for the .82.

Why 7300 rpm limit ?

I know that feeling all too well!!

I am going for 7300 as I have supertech valves but standard springs and retainers, and I can only see 6k on my dash with standard clocks, so I thought if its at 7300 I am safe and can go to 7300 without worrying...
Think its too low?

It was at 8200 before so I could never drive properly i was too scared!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.